anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: A few questions...  (Read 5598 times)

GlynH

A few questions...
« on: July 26, 2008, 07:43:35 PM »
I was going to wait until v1.6 came out before I mentioned/asked any software related issies but because I haven't read the manual yet (!) there might be a way to;

Flag an Alert flight on the map with a different colour/blinking etc?
Stop the map intermittently zooming when I just simply move the mouse
Stop the My Flights list jumping around when I am looking for something

Everything else can wait!

Thanks & regards,
-=Glyn=-

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
Re: A few questions...
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2008, 07:50:57 PM »
- Might be able to squeeze this into 1.6 but unlikey.

- Never heard this, it will only zoom if you use the mouse wheel which it is designed to do.

- If you click on a Flight in the list it will stay selected but as the list is changing it has to update.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

GlynH

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2008, 10:31:57 PM »
- Might be able to squeeze this into 1.6 but unlikey.

Please don't squeeze this in at this late hour. Much as I would like the feature I would prefer a tested & stable v1.6...;^)

- Never heard this, it will only zoom if you use the mouse wheel which it is designed to do.

Not on my system when I was running the demo for a few days or now that I have my RB. I have a 'posh' cordless Logitech mouse and the map will randomly zoom in or out sometimes without touching the wheel by simply moving the mouse from the My Flights window towards the map itself. When it does this I can then no longer zoom the map with the mouse wheel as expected. My friend who has a wired Microsoft mouse has a similar problem.
Also while on the subject of zooming you have a 'Zoom to Minimum' button on the toolbar but no 'Zoom to Maximum'. I realise you can hit F5 but...

- If you click on a Flight in the list it will stay selected but as the list is changing it has to update.

I realise that the selected flight will stay selected but for example when I am trying to find a particular flight from the list to click on it is impossible to select.
Talking of selected - for me anyway the small arrow at the beginning of the entry makes it difficult to 'follow' the details when scrolling across. In addition why not highlight the selected line similar to a row in a spreadsheet in a pale grey or something to make it easier to follow.
I won't mention the 'buggy' scroll bar as I am sure you will have nailed that in v1.6 :-)

Thanks & regards,
-=Glyn=-

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2008, 10:43:03 PM »
Regarding the mouse issue thats first we have ever heard of that. Can you try with a mouse (normall one) just confirm to us that is just that brand.

If you are looking for a specfic flight you can use the MyFlights filter to filter on anything to get the one you are looking for.

The scroll bar is actually an issue with the development kit and its not an easy fix. We hope to have in future versions.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

RodBearden

• Rod's RadarBox Downloads
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2008, 11:11:08 PM »
Hi - I have a 'posh' cordless Logitech trackerball, and a standard mouse. Niether of them have this zooming problem, but often, when I click above or below the scroll box on the vertical grid scrollbar the list will jump up a windowful repeatedly - it goes out of control unitil I click again.

Until now, no-one else mentioned it so I thought it was just me....   ;-)

I agree, it would be nice to highlight the selected row a bit better.

Rod
Rod

GlynH

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2008, 11:36:18 PM »
Doesn't anyone sleep around here? :-)

Remove my £100 cordless mouse and replace it with a £4.99 corded model??

OK...but just this once! ;^)

I did suspect my Logitech mouse - or more likely the Logitech Setpoint software but it happened on my mates corded Microsoft mouse apparently...

To coin a phrase...I'll be back.

Kind regards,
-=Glyn=-

RodBearden

« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2008, 11:48:30 PM »
As far as I'm concerned, RB is 24/7/366. But I have to give the disk drive a rest occasionally!

I was wondering about Setpoint - but if you reckon it isn't.....

Rod
Rod

GlynH

« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2008, 12:06:10 AM »
As far as I'm concerned, RB is 24/7/366. But I have to give the disk drive a rest occasionally!

I was wondering about Setpoint - but if you reckon it isn't.....

Rod

Morning Rod,

Well I didn't say it isn't but Terry who bought his RadarBox with me the other day said his map seems to zoom 'on its own' sometimes as well and he has what looked like a Microsoft Intellimouse corded mouse connected.

I only mentioned Setpoint as no matter which incarnation of the software I have tried there is always something on one machine or another that causes a conflict somewhere down the line.

On some machines here I have removed it completely and the functionality of the hardware has improved!

It has some nice features but what price features if it brings instability?

I have two machines here side-by-side. Both have Logitech MX Revolution mice and diNovo Edge keyboards.

Only one has Setpoint installed and the operation of what they call click wheel is perfect on one machine where it will freewheel permanently but on the Setpoint machine where the software is set to freewheel the wheel switches from free to click when it feels like it!

Never been a fan of Logitech bloat...sorry...software...the hardware looks and feels terrific though - another shining example of form over function.

24/7/366 ? ;^)

Kind regards,
-=Glyn=-

RodBearden

« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2008, 12:15:11 AM »
Well it is a leap year, isn't it? Perhaps it should be 24/7/52???

Perhaps I'll have more of a play with Setpoint sometime. It seems to perform perfectly well for me everywhere else.

Better join the wife now - she's fast asleep "watching" Murray/Nadal - coming up to set point soon! Yes - I do good logos and bad puns!

Rod
Rod

GlynH

« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2008, 12:20:39 AM »
Yeah but your logos are very good Rod! ;^)

Night...

Kind regards,
-=Glyn=-