AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Military Aircraft  (Read 4359 times)

malcdee2001

Military Aircraft
« on: July 14, 2008, 10:14:08 AM »
I live in West Norfolk where there is a lot of Military traffic from places like Marham, Lakenheath, Mildenhall and the Wash ranges.
I do understand that military aircraft do not show up on the Map only on the list.
Do aircraft like the Tornado, F15 and other fighter type aircraft transmit the same information as miltary transport aircraft. I pick up many aircraft like C17, C130 and the like but never any fighter aircraft.

Malc

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
Re: Military Aircraft
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2008, 10:36:15 AM »
Yes, some Tornados definately do.  I've got 58 in MyLog:

malcdee2001

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2008, 12:17:07 PM »
Thanks for that reply Tarbat. Do you have to enter any codes in to your RB or should the aircraft just appear in the list as you have them.

Thanks Malc

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2008, 12:26:54 PM »
Yes, they should just appear - not on the radar display, just in the aircraft list.  I'm based near to RAF Kinloss and Lossiemouth, so obviously get a lot of military aircraft.

To look for them in your log, filter on AircraftTypeSmall = TOR

I've never had an F15, but have 7 F16's in my log, but these were all Netherlands military.  However I do get a lot of military aircraft that never appear in Radarbox.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2008, 12:34:03 PM by tarbat »

Roadrunner

• Aviation enthusiast since school visit to Heathrow
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2008, 05:12:35 PM »

I've never had an F15, but have 7 F16's in my log, but these were all Netherlands military.  However I do get a lot of military aircraft that never appear in Radarbox.

The only F15's I have seen have been using "Not allocated" hex codes and as such would appear not to have properly allocated ones from within the USAF sequences.

The "SP" coded A-10's have allocated codes and when they operated out of Lakenheath last year were always appearing on the box.