AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Version 1.1 being Developed - Requests / Suggestions Welcome  (Read 14095 times)

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
As stated on previous topic AirNav Systems Development team is working on the first AirNav RadarBox 2007 patch (current version is 1.0 and the new one will be 1.1).

We have already copied all the suggestions and bug reports posted on this forum and we will do our best to have most of them implemented / corrected.

Please use this this topic to post all your requests and suggestions. We cannot guarantee we will have all of them implemented but the more you post the better. We need to know your ideas/opinions/suggestions so we can turn this software into an even better product.

prbflight

Re: Version 1.1 being Developed - Requests / Suggestions Welcome
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2007, 02:19:55 AM »
I'm looking forward to the patch coming out.  This software has the potential to be awesome!  It needs some additions and tweaking but I can only see it getting better.  I hope to see some great things soon.  There has been a lot of great suggestions for improvements on this forum.  I really would like the ability to import MyLog entries to AirNav Suite as I requested in a previous post.  Keep up the great work AirNav.

Cheers

Paul
« Last Edit: July 13, 2007, 03:15:23 PM by prbflight »

Roadrunner

• Aviation enthusiast since school visit to Heathrow
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2007, 05:12:53 AM »
Hi there,

Maybe it is me but when I open maps I somehow end up with quite a few on the desktop without knowing. Is it possible to have some visible indication (other than reducing the maps size to see what is there) showing what is open and to be able to close from it?

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2007, 06:02:10 AM »

- Aircraft history trails please, to show the path of the aircraft.  A selectable time from 1 minute to on all the time?

- Selectable time for "Flight Path Vector" rather than the fixed 5 minutes

- A selectable range scale on the map to give a guide to distance when the range rings are not selected.

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2007, 09:10:57 AM »
- An option to hide/show the aircraft photo/details box so that it is possible to see more aircraft in the aircraft list in the RadarBox Interface.

- An option to hide/show the following menu bars:

Set Map to, Zoom Min etc

Filters, Airline etc

At present, these menus bars cannot be hidden or moved and they do take up room on the screen.  All the functions are available via the normal drop-down menus anyway.

prbflight

« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2007, 03:12:14 PM »
I would like the ability to assign a different .wav file to different alerts.

Keep up the great work!  Looking forward to the patch.

Paul

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2007, 03:19:47 PM »
Yes, think we might need get some different wav files saying different things. Anyone use there own wav file at the moment?
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

prbflight

« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2007, 03:30:26 PM »
-ability to edit columns in MyLog field ie: add Company

-ability to show photo of aircraft in MyLog - I can only seem to view the last two or three entries when I click on the registration.

-ability to select how the time stamp will appear ie: more user friendly with not so many numbers and option to show local time

Thanks

Paul

prbflight

« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2007, 03:36:44 PM »
Yes, think we might need get some different wav files saying different things. Anyone use there own wav file at the moment?

Yes.  I have assigned a different .wav file.  I can now distinguish between an AirNav ACARS decoder contact (via Suite) and a Mode S contact with RadarBox. Now I would like to be able to distinguish when I get a 'in range' contact or ADS B contact or whatever.

Paul

prbflight

« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2007, 03:06:59 AM »
-field to show number of times aircraft has been contacted

Thanks

Paul

markyeulett

« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2007, 11:58:11 AM »
In general I find the reports function anbd searches of historical data very poor and could be greatly improved.....Here are my specific requests:-

- ability to search the 'my log' database by date by flight number / airline etc etc. to find tracked flights and be able to create reports for export to .txt file but also to excel in structured columns
- reports - more options (select dates, airlines etc) and ability to export reports into excel for easy searches
- please stop the stream of network traffic into the My flights list which currupts it
- speed up network xfer from 5 minutes
- please fix issue with Continental airlines - virtually all traffic is presented as COA or COA1
- the drop down filters do not work correctly - particularly when searching for a flight id. often the fligh id is shown on the map but you cannot see it in the filter search
- don't know if it is possible but it would be good to show vor/reporting point that an a/c is heading to
- Network Option - would be good if there were filters that could allow users to set the area that they want steaming from e.g. just show maybe england, scotland etc so to exclude traffic that we did not want to view.
- Please fix issue where the flight id is truncated - particular issue I think with BAW and COA

More to come soon I think
Mark

Roadrunner

• Aviation enthusiast since school visit to Heathrow
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2007, 12:40:36 PM »
Regards your list - There is already a Quick filter that gives you the option to select just traffic overflyinh England.
Quick Filter Flying over = England.

Pallmall68

« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2007, 06:50:33 PM »
hi!
it would be necessary that the preferences of the chart remains in memory at the time of next opening (FIX, VOR, ATC boundaries etc…) .

Gerser

« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2007, 08:48:10 PM »
change the font and size of the label

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2007, 09:51:32 PM »
Font and Size is already included.

Pallmall68:

Once you have the map you like (set the settings as you please) then you can save it and hence load that map each time when you start the application.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]