AirNav RadarBox and RadarBox24.com > AirNav RadarBox and RadarBox24.com Discussion

Station Range Off Centre

(1/2) > >>

nzradar:
I have just started sharing data but after a couple of hours I have noticed that the station range outline is not centred on my station location.  The station location is set correctly and shows as such on the map but the outline is definately off centre to my east by about 50nm.  See screenshot attached.

Has this been reported before?  Is there a solution?

Runway 31:
It usually takes some time for the coverage to fill out and it looks like it has still to be covered in completely.  Whats your station number, I ave been loking at the stations and cant see a new NZ station listed

Alan

nzradar:
Station ID is EXTRPI599162.  In the attached screenshot the area marked with the red arrow should be over Auckland.  I do know the traffic routes in my area and I can categorically state that this outline is not a representation of my reception.  I can't get 200nm out east due to the Ruahine Ranges blocking low angle reception but easily get 200nm+ out the west.

Runway 31:
I would need to look at a live map to make an accurate comment however I will make the following comments, feel free to shoot me down

Palmerston North to Auckland is around 245 miles straight line for you to pick up anything over Auckland the aircraft would need to be high level minimum around FL330.  You will loose traffic inbound as it descends below your horizon and similarly wont pick it up until it comes above your horizon.  Any traffic from the north and east into Auckland will descend below your horizon well before the range of your antenna.  It is therefore very conceivable that you will have no coverage over Auckland as any traffic in the area will be below your line of sight horizon.  Also looking at your station shot, aircraft shown are definately heading to and from Auckland eg JQ229, NZ527 and NZ8282 is on track for Gisborne

Now to the traffic coverage shown by your arrow,  I dont have knowledge of traffic off the ocean to airports further south like Wellington/Christchurch but looking at their arrivals board I dont see any scheduled traffic coming from that direction.  Any aircraft picked up there must be at very high level to be in your line of sight over your horizon so must be inbound a field further south and may be military, cargo or biz jet coming off the eastern Pacific into NZ and as such it is very conceiveable that the coverage area is accurate

I would also state you have only been online for 1 day so there is every possibility that you will pick up something at high level around the Auckland area over the coming days/weeks which will show but it all depends on traffic but see the difference in your 2 covarage maps in 10 hours

Alan

abcd567:
@nzradar
Try this. It will show you what are your limits of reception in all directions based on terrain around you.

What is the Maximum Range I can Get?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version