AirNav RadarBox and RadarBox24.com > AirNav RadarBox and RadarBox24.com Discussion

rb feeder on RPI4 B does not work

(1/13) > >>

CB17:
Hello everyone, trying in vain to install the rb feeder on an RPI 4 Model B. Unfortunately without success. It worked without any problems on an RPI3. Now I wanted to create a second station with an RPI4. Can someone please help me? Thanks in advance. I get the following messages:

pedrão18:
Hello.
Is the RPI OS version 12 (Bookworm) or 11 (Bullseye) installed?

To find this, try command:

--- Code: ---lsb_release -a
--- End code ---

pedrão18:
If version is Bookworm, you can try ABCD567's solution, in this post:

--- Quote from: abcd567 on December 28, 2023, 09:37:55 AM ---==================================
(A) Installing rbfeeder on Bookworm
==================================

--- End quote ---

CB17:
At that point it was Bookworm. Then I installed the Bullseye 32 bit. But it didn't work either. As a last hope, I took another MicroSD card, one that was too big (128 GB) because I didn't have another one, and tried again. Also with Bullseye 32 Bit! and lo and behold, it worked. The great instructions from @abcd helped me a lot. Thank you!!! However, the MLAT problem still exists. Although it runs again and again, it stops after a certain time. Like right now at the moment. Today everything was ok, but now without MLAT. Well no matter. But maybe it will start again on its own. Let's see.

In the end, I still don't know what it was. I would have liked to have the appropriate OS installed on the RPI4. But I didn't try again. Now Bullseye runs with 32 bits. I was afraid that it might not work at all again.

abcd567:
(1) Download and install "SD Card Formatter" on your Windows oc Mac Computer from here:

https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter/

(2) Format your old microSD card which gave you truoble and you are no longer using it. Use "Overwrite Format" option. This option takes 5 to 15 minutes depending on your microSD card.

(3) After "Overwrite Format", write Raspberry Pi OS 64-bit Bookworm LITE on this microSD card using RaspberryPi Imager.
https://www.raspberrypi.com/software/

(4) Install rbfeeder by hack in my following post.

Install rbfeeder and mlat-client on Raspberry Pi OS BOOKWORM

(5) Install rbfeeder and mlat-client on Raspberry Pi OS BOOKWORM
Install mlat-client by OPTION-1 (Standard System-wide method). I have added this method about half an hour ago in my above post.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version