AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Blackpool ~ Calling....  (Read 3033 times)

MartinPorter

Blackpool ~ Calling....
« on: July 06, 2008, 12:37:04 PM »
Hi All...
Is there anyone around me (Clifton, near Preston, Lancs) who is up and working
with only Blackpool (EGNH) being just under 12 miles away and Warton (BA Systems EGNO) just under 3 miles away.. Would like to have some information on the opps that
can be picked up from this location.. before asking the boss (the wife) for MY pin number for the bank!!! - (RadarBox)

Many thanks & kind regards

Martin

RodBearden

• Rod's RadarBox Downloads
Re: Blackpool ~ Calling....
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2008, 02:14:35 PM »
Hi Martin

I'm in Chorley, about 12 miles from you as the Typhoon flies. There's a good deal of activity round here - plenty of overflights - especially to Ireland, from Scotland to London, and across the Atlantic from London, Amsterdam and Germany, and lots of traffic heading for Manchester and Liverpool. There's quite a bit of activity from Blackpool and Warton themselves, though most of that doesn't broadcast its position, so doesn't appear on the maps.

On an average day the aircraft count at any one time is from 80 to 140 aircraft, but I am on top of a hill - line of sight is the most important thing to RadarBox reception.

It's well worth getting a RadarBox if you live round here - it's always interesting. Hope you've got plenty of spare time! Any more questions - just ask!

Rod
« Last Edit: July 06, 2008, 04:31:43 PM by RodBearden »
Rod