AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Radar-Box Flightstick (Green)  (Read 1649 times)

Bigyun2000

Radar-Box Flightstick (Green)
« on: October 08, 2023, 04:59:52 PM »
Hi all.
A couple of questions if i may as i am pulling my hair out as i have been trying to get it up and running since early hours of this morning.

1. I have the Flightstick plugged into my usb port on my laptop (Win 11) and can't get it to work. I have checked Device Manager and the USB is OK.  I have tried opening the ANRB software but i can't get the hardware to connect.

2. I have an RPI-3B+ and RPI 4 and want to share my data.  The issue i have is i can't log into pi stars.  What i require is an image file for use with my Flightstick. I have tried using what is available on the Airnav website but to no avail.

So any advice is most gratefully accepted.
Thanks
Tony (UK)

Runway 31

Re: Radar-Box Flightstick (Green)
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2023, 09:40:24 AM »
For the Windows issue, have you installed the drivers https://www.airnavsystems.com/Download/ANRB/Drivers/microRadarbox-Drivers-20150411.exe

If you still have issues try the Zadig drivers https://zadig.akeo.ie/

Regarding Pi, I recently got a Pi4 and have no Linux knowledge and using the info from https://www.radarbox.com/sharing-data/guide had it up and running very quickly.

Any issues get back

Alan

Bigyun2000

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2023, 07:55:45 PM »
Hi Alan and thanks for your kind reply.  For the moment i just want to have the RB Flightstick working with the ANRB Software.  I want to see what my range of reception is. 

Once i have it up and running then i shall try using my Pi 4 and share data. 
I was also trying to run the ACARS Software but i can't get that to work either.  I seem to remember yrs ago it was just plug and go. I have tried running in Compatibility mode and tried installing as Administrator. So i am at a loss for the moment.

Forgot to mention in Device Manager i have under 'USB Controllers' / Airnav Radar Box on checking the driver version is 2.8.30.0 Dated 12/07/2013.
Thanks Tony (UK)

« Last Edit: October 09, 2023, 08:21:16 PM by Bigyun2000 »

Runway 31

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2023, 08:02:23 PM »
Yes its plug and play but in addition to the software you require to install the drivers. Without the drivers is does nothing.  What version of the software are you using with the stick

Try installing the Zadig drivers if you are not having any luck with the Airnav ones.  If you need advice on doing that let me know and i will give you detailed instructions

I dont believe the ACARS software has worked for years

Alan
« Last Edit: October 09, 2023, 08:04:03 PM by Runway 31 »

Bigyun2000

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2023, 08:36:52 PM »
Hi Alan

Yes tried Zadig results in pictures.

Tony

Bigyun2000

« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2023, 11:00:50 PM »
Hi Alan.  Still no luck with the ANRB Legacy Software & RB FlightStick.  The issue i have with the Pi 4 is i need the RB image file. Once i have the image file i'm sure i will be good to go.  I used to have a FlightAware Dongle and all i had to do was copy the image file onto the sdcard, put it in my rpi, change the config file for my internet connection and off it went.

Problem with that is i think the FlightAware visuals are very limited.  Thats why i bought the RB Flightstick as the ANRB Software is exactly what i want (Similar to the old SBS/Plainplotter) screen. 

This is exactly what i am looking for. See below.
Tony (UK)  Sorry for all the questions etc.  I am still recovering from having 3 strokes & Heart Failure so this has caused some damage of the brain and i find it difficult to understand things.

« Last Edit: October 09, 2023, 11:02:30 PM by Bigyun2000 »

Runway 31

« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2023, 07:35:17 AM »
Hi Tony

Sorry to hear about your health issues, I had a TIA 5 or 6 years ago myself and that was bad enough

Regarding Zadig, I just installed the V6 software onto my new W11 computer at C\Airnav\Radarbox, started it up and as you state red square bottom left for hardware not connected as expected. I installed the driver using Zadig, closed down and restarted V6 and green hardware connected and aircraft showing as expected

Regarding Pi, there is not an image file, you need to download and install the software to your Pi using sudo bash -c "$(wget -O - http://apt.rb24.com/inst_rbfeeder.sh)" and follow the steps on the guide here https://www.radarbox.com/sharing-data/guide

Alan
« Last Edit: October 10, 2023, 09:13:22 AM by Runway 31 »