AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Kafka Data Feed down  (Read 2055 times)

CGASZ

Kafka Data Feed down
« on: August 29, 2023, 03:22:08 PM »
Our RadarBox adsb kafka server is down tracking feed has been down since 1300 UTC Aug 29.  No one has replied to our requests for help.  I think it must be a holiday week!  If there is anyone from AirNav Dev reading this, please be alerted.  Anyone else know who to call?  All numbers/emails unanswered so far.   

David Balcaen Skytrac/TrooTrax

KafkaError{code=_UNKNOWN_PARTITION,val=-190,str="Failed to get watermark offsets: Local: Unknown partition"}

Runway 31

Re: Kafka Data Feed down
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2023, 07:29:09 PM »
What is a Kafka server, advise your email address and i will have them contact you

Alan

CGASZ

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2023, 09:44:46 PM »
Thanks for the reply.  I work for a service provider that consumes Radarbox data via api call.  Kafka is the database/delivery method at the end of the API.  We call for a list of aircraft, and they give us the tracking data.  We pay for the service.  It went down for some minutes this morning and I did not get their immediate responses.  We have a new mail server at work, and you guessed it, they went into the JUNK folder.  Arrrggghhh.  It is all fine now.  I was trying every which way to contact them, including here, as I did not see the reply until later today.  You can read about Kafka here:  https://kafka.apache.org/documentation/streams/

CGASZ

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2023, 09:55:44 PM »
C-GASZ is the little airplane I had for a number of years.  So sweet!  attached.  it is based out of CYXE, Saskatoon Saskatchewan.  Cessna 172N   Again, thank you Alan for noticing my post and "cry for help"

Runway 31

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2023, 05:27:48 PM »
Thanks for that.  I emailed Joao Antunes and he advised that it was already fixed and told me about the reply going into your junk

C-GASZ is now in the database

Alan
« Last Edit: August 31, 2023, 05:45:33 PM by Runway 31 »