AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Issues with RadarBox for Windows 6.02.003  (Read 4063 times)

Runway 31

Re: Issues with RadarBox for Windows 6.02.003
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2023, 11:52:13 AM »
Thanks abcd.

I believe you can have a number of receivers against your account each with their own EXTPRI****, PGANRB**** or whatever receiver type number depending on what you are using.  The station number is allocated in the same way as your first receiver and is allocated automatically to your email address in the same way as the first.  On some occasions the automatic linking doesn't work so an email to support will see them manually link it for you

Alan

cttrondonia

• PGANRB500002
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2023, 12:46:32 AM »
If a use ModesDeco, I can use RBDataSharer to send data to Radarbox?

abcd567

• CYYZ - Toronto
« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2023, 09:09:59 PM »
If a use ModesDeco, I can use RBDataSharer to send data to Radarbox?

Yes

cttrondonia

• PGANRB500002
« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2023, 10:52:50 PM »
suggestion is to use ModesDeco to send data to Radarbox Windows 6.02.003

I've already tried using ModesDeco to send data to RadarBox Data Sharer, but the aircraft does not appear on the radarbox sitemap.

If I want to send data to another site and to Radarbox I need to use radarbox 6.02.003 software and use modesmixer to grab data from port 30003 to send data to another sharer.

abcd567

• CYYZ - Toronto
« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2023, 12:49:40 AM »
suggestion is to use ModesDeco to send data to Radarbox Windows 6.02.003

I've already tried using ModesDeco to send data to RadarBox Data Sharer, but the aircraft does not appear on the radarbox sitemap.

If you are using Radarbox Windows 6.02.003, then there is no need to run ModeSDeco2 & Radarbox24DataSharer. The Radarbox Windows 6.02.003 has a built-in decoder, and a built-in data data sharer. However if you have more than one dongle plugged into Windows computer, Windows 6.02.003 will fail to detect the dongle.

It is strange that in your case aircraft do not appear on Radarbox24 site map. Aircraft do appear on Radarbox24 site map when I use ModeSDeco2 + Radarbox24DataSharer. Please screenshots attached below.

If I want to send data to another site and to Radarbox I need to use radarbox 6.02.003 software and use modesmixer to grab data from port 30003 to send data to another sharer.

Yes, this is agood alternative if you have ONLY ONE dongle plugged into your Windows computer
« Last Edit: August 27, 2023, 12:54:07 AM by abcd567 »

doug.pinner

« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2023, 04:49:03 AM »
abcd567,

How can I verify that RadarBox is receiving MLAT data from my station [EXTSHA197201]?

I see that ModeSDeco2 has a setting/option as follows:
--avrmlat arg  Enable AVR MLAT output listen port (default: off)

but I'm not sure what "output listen port" value to use OR if this is even required for RB site.  Please clarify.

Also, I was considering routing my flight data from my Raspberry Pi running the ADSBExchange image and 2 RTL SDR's (1090 & 978) with the RadarBox site, but not sure if it's possible or how to accomplish.  I enabled the FlightAware option through ADSBx, so all ADS-B, MLAT & UAT data is now being fed from the Pi to both ADSBx & FA.  Please let me know if possible to also enable a RadarBox feed to another station from my ADSBx Pi setup.

Thanks - Doug

abcd567

• CYYZ - Toronto
« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2023, 04:02:21 AM »
abcd567,

How can I verify that RadarBox is receiving MLAT data from my station [EXTSHA197201]?

I see that ModeSDeco2 has a setting/option as follows:
--avrmlat arg  Enable AVR MLAT output listen port (default: off)

but I'm not sure what "output listen port" value to use OR if this is even required for RB site.  Please clarify.

Do NOT use setting --avrmlat. Just delete this parameter from batch file. The reason is as follows:
If you are using Radarbox24 Data Sharer, then mlat is not enabled. Same way if you are using Windows ANRB Ver 6.02.003 with FlightStick or any RTL based dongle, mlat is not enabled.

Also, I was considering routing my flight data from my Raspberry Pi running the ADSBExchange image and 2 RTL SDR's (1090 & 978) with the RadarBox site, but not sure if it's possible or how to accomplish.  I enabled the FlightAware option through ADSBx, so all ADS-B, MLAT & UAT data is now being fed from the Pi to both ADSBx & FA.  Please let me know if possible to also enable a RadarBox feed to another station from my ADSBx Pi setup.

You can feed Radarbox24 from ADSBExchange image by installing rbfeeder for RPi by following command:

Code: [Select]
sudo bash -c "$(wget -O - http://apt.rb24.com/inst_rbfeeder.sh)" 

IMPORTANT: During installation of rbfeeder on RPi by above script, you will b asked if you want to install dump978-rb [yes/no]. Please say no as you have dump978 already installed. However I am not sure of exact setting required in file /etc/rbfeeder.ini as I have never used ADSBExchange image, but most likely it should be like below:

(1) Open config file for editing
Code: [Select]
sudo nano /etc/rbfeeder.ini   

(2) Following should be correct configuration settings. If different, modify to match with what is given below.

NOTE:
At bottom of rbfeeder.ini file, you will see this:
[dump978]
#dump978_enabled=true

Do following
(a) Uncomment above line, i.e. remove # from start of this line
(b) Add new line dump978_port=30979

It will now become like this:

[dump978]
dump978_enabled=true
dump978_port=30979

[client]
network_mode=true
log_file=/var/log/rbfeeder.log

key=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx 

sn=EXTRPIxxxxxx

lat=xx.xxxx
lon= yy.yyyy
alt= zzz

[network]
mode=beast
external_port=30005
external_host=127.0.0.1

[mlat]
autostart_mlat=true
#mlat_cmd=/usr/bin/python3.9 /usr/bin/mlat-client

[dump978]
dump978_enabled=true
dump978_port=30979

« Last Edit: August 28, 2023, 05:55:01 AM by abcd567 »

doug.pinner

« Reply #22 on: September 03, 2023, 03:59:09 AM »
Thanks abcd567! 

Followed your instructions, up and running in 5 min, RB auto assigned a new station (EXTRPI576421) under my account with data from Pi/rbfeeder, very cool!  MLAT synced up with 30+ other stations after a few minutes, following an additional mlat-client install, but no MLAT stats yet.  UAT should be working too, but no data yet.  Never much UAT usage in my area.

Thanks once again for sharing a portion of what is clearly your immense expertise and knowledge about flight data!!  Very impressive indeed!

I'll be working on improving coverage on both setups once FL cools down enough for some attic work.  I'll also be working on sending RB some airband/VHF voice traffic via IceCast.  Would welcome any advice you might have toward that goal as well.

Have a great holiday weekend!

Thanks - Doug