AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Missing aircrafts  (Read 1595 times)

rd73

Missing aircrafts
« on: June 04, 2023, 09:54:31 AM »
Hi there,

I am missing ADSB equipped aircrafts that I know the registration and HEX-Codes of.
I also know they flew in regions where they should have add a few receivers around, so MLAT should have be available.
Is there anything to do to enable these aircrafts in you DB? They don't even show up in the search.
Example: F-JTJY

Thx!

Runway 31

Re: Missing aircrafts
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2023, 03:05:51 PM »
Savannah F-JTJY is in the database having been added 30/5 but has not been picked up since and unless it is picked up by a receiver it will not show in the search.  I also checked FR24 and they have not picked it up either.  If they are picked up they will show even if the details are not known

Did you pick them up on your receiver or did you note them at an airfield

If you know the details hex code/registration etc of the other aircraft I can check if they are in the database

You may be interested to know that he registration showing on French microlights i.e F-JTJY is not their registration but the radio call sign allocated to the owner.  The serial identifying the aircraft is marked on the underside of the port wing and consists of 2 numbers and 2 or 3 numerals

Alan
« Last Edit: June 04, 2023, 05:08:52 PM by Runway 31 »

rd73

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2023, 08:18:33 PM »
Savannah F-JTJY is in the database having been added 30/5 but has not been picked up since and unless it is picked up by a receiver it will not show in the search.  I also checked FR24 and they have not picked it up either.  If they are picked up they will show even if the details are not known

Did you pick them up on your receiver or did you note them at an airfield

If you know the details hex code/registration etc of the other aircraft I can check if they are in the database

You may be interested to know that he registration showing on French microlights i.e F-JTJY is not their registration but the radio call sign allocated to the owner.  The serial identifying the aircraft is marked on the underside of the port wing and consists of 2 numbers and 2 or 3 numerals

Alan

The hex codes I know of are these (thx for pointing out the diff between radio id and aircraft reg...) are at the end of this message.
I know that at least both F-JYDU and F-JTJY flew around the aerodrome of the club last and this week. You said that the second one was added to your DB on 31/05, which means you must be monitoring the forum of FR24 for information to integrate in your DB :-)

They are located in south west of france where the number of antennas is not great it seems, but on your coverage map, the whole surface is marked as MLAT covered.
Also these aircraft are flying since years now, so they should be at least moments where they could be tracked, so I'm wondering why they are not listed when I search ?

The reason I ask is because, we are thinking about adding an antenna for feeding RB, FB, etc on our aerodrome which gps pos is : 43.611291, -0.119266.
This being a small but substantial investment, I would like to be sure if we could then get the position of our aircrafts or not before asking for the budget...

3A321C
F-JYDU
EV97
EuroStar
Private owner

38B5BD
F-JBAX
SVNH
Savannah S
Private owner

388E3D
F-JTJY
SVNH
Savannah S
Private owne

Runway 31

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2023, 08:48:46 PM »
I dont monitor FR24 forum but Google is a friend, for example Google F-JBAX and I also subscribe to a good database.  All 3 have been added to the Airnav database so if they are picked up they will be displayed

For your information 21 French microlight aircraft and gyrocopters have arrived tonight to a small airfield near to me in Scotland and at this time adding their detailsof the ones I can into the database

MLAT coverage would depend on their altitude and whether they are seen by antenna.  Being in the circuit they may be out of MLAT coverage being so low

Suitable antennas and receivers can be obtained quite cheaply and ADSB equipped aircraft will be readily picked up and displayed

Alan
« Last Edit: June 04, 2023, 09:11:50 PM by Runway 31 »

rd73

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2023, 06:28:11 AM »
I dont monitor FR24 forum but Google is a friend, for example Google F-JBAX and I also subscribe to a good database.  All 3 have been added to the Airnav database so if they are picked up they will be displayed

For your information 21 French microlight aircraft and gyrocopters have arrived tonight to a small airfield near to me in Scotland and at this time adding their detailsof the ones I can into the database

MLAT coverage would depend on their altitude and whether they are seen by antenna.  Being in the circuit they may be out of MLAT coverage being so low

Suitable antennas and receivers can be obtained quite cheaply and ADSB equipped aircraft will be readily picked up and displayed

Alan

Alan

Thanks. For the F-JTJY, I know for sure, that it is flying almost every weekend at between 2500 and 3500 ft.
It seems to me that it should be high enough to be picked by a few MLAT antennas, or am I wrong ?
Is their a way to access the raw data of the antennas, even if MLAT calculations failed ?

rd73

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2023, 06:28:40 AM »

Alan

Alan

Thanks. For the F-JTJY, I know for sure, that it is flying almost every weekend at between 2500 and 3500 ft.
It seems to me that it should be high enough to be picked by a few MLAT antennas, or am I wrong ?
Is their a way to access the raw data of the antennas, even if MLAT calculations failed ?

Runway 31

« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2023, 10:36:53 AM »
LFKA being in a valley will limit low level MLAT as the surrounding mountains will shield the field from other receivers unless they are within line of sight

Non ADSB aircraft while not showing on the map if MLAT conditions are not suitable would still show on the receivers grid of aircraft being picked up as its mode-c signal will be picked up.  You would then know it was around even if not showing on the map.  See the attached screen shot of a receiver near to you showing the grid for your information which may be suitable for MLATing with a receiver situated at the field

Alan