AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: RadarBox VS FR24/Flightaware/Planefinder  (Read 1853 times)

Popeye

RadarBox VS FR24/Flightaware/Planefinder
« on: July 24, 2023, 04:01:15 AM »
Hello.I use the AirNav RadarBox FlightStick - ADS-B USB Receiver with Integrated Filter, Amplifier and ESD Protection together with AirNav ADS-B 1090 MHz Outdoor antenna reaching 440NM. I am feeding simultaneously to Radarbox/FR24/FA.However the Radarbox app/website show me just a couple of planes whilst FR24 show me 40-60 airplanes at the same time.Being a newbie can someone please walk me through this?Why the huge difference in plane visibility between the sites.

Runway 31

Re: RadarBox VS FR24/Flightaware/Planefinder
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2023, 07:33:59 PM »
Suggest you ask support per reply on thread https://forum.radarbox24.com/index.php?topic=107471.0

Alan
« Last Edit: July 24, 2023, 07:35:37 PM by Runway 31 »

Popeye

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2023, 02:46:04 PM »
In fact I asked them prior to posting here. The response I got from support said:
They use different time out methods so its not always accurate to compare.
That being said , being a newbie, maybe I am missing something but isn't it in Radarbox's interest that we should present as many as possible aircrafts?
Have included screenshots from FR24, Tar1090 and RB.

Runway 31

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2023, 09:10:15 AM »
I guess they are only presenting to you what you are actually picking up not also what you had been picking up minutes previously.

Those aircraft you had been picking up previously and are now outside your coverage will be available on the main map assuming someone is picking them up

Alan