AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: AirNav software  (Read 1659 times)

Gadgetman

AirNav software
« on: March 11, 2023, 11:10:44 PM »
Hi, just installed the software for AirNav, all is working well, but the software “not responding” constantly, ive given the software “realtime” priority and still does it, anytime i try and make a change or move the map, i have to wait for upto a minute before i can go on… i suspect that it affects my station as the fights sometimes stay put while its not working… my computer is not that old and is able to run many of my apps with no issue (running airnav with NO other apps) any thoughts?

abcd567

• CYYZ - Toronto
Re: AirNav software
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2023, 05:04:53 AM »
This sluggish responce is due to loading of "Network Flights" from AirNav Servers through internet. Turn OFF "Network Flights", and keep only "My Flights" which are from your receiver.

(1) Click The "Network" button at top-Left
(2) At bottom-left, remove Check Mark from "Get Flights From Radarbox Network"
(3) When checkmark in item (2) is removed, the "Real Time Network" will turn from green to red.
(4) Click "My Flights" button at top-left to see flights from your hardaware

SEE ATTACHED SCREENSHOT
Click on Screenshot to see full size.
View top-left and bottom-left of Screenshot

« Last Edit: March 12, 2023, 05:26:44 AM by abcd567 »

Runway 31

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2023, 12:46:23 PM »
Yes as abcd states the Network flights causes the issue, downloading and processing the data from 10,000 or so flights every 20 seconds is very intensive work.  Even powerful computers will struggle to run them smoothly.  The good news is that it causes no issues for your own flights on MyFlights

Stick to MyFlights and you will be ok  and if you want so see what is going outwith your own coverage on then use RB

Alan

Gadgetman

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2023, 01:09:07 PM »
thank you both, that solved the problem!! how long until my station is connected to my account? its ben acvtive for 3 days now, and nothing showing in ‘my station’

Runway 31

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2023, 01:27:03 PM »
What is your station number, if its been 3 days is it this one https://www.radarbox.com/stations/EXTSHA197028

Alan
« Last Edit: March 12, 2023, 01:29:02 PM by Runway 31 »

Gadgetman

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2023, 01:36:55 PM »
Yes, that is mine, i see that from the share app used onn my PC, but it doesnt show up on my account and i have not gotten the free subscription…

Runway 31

« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2023, 02:45:51 PM »
It should be linked automatically once you start feeding and upgrade your account but sometimes the automatic thing doesnt happen for some reason

Contact [email protected] advise your sharing number, ask for it to be linked to your account and to be upgraded to Business

Alan

Gadgetman

« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2023, 07:54:52 PM »
done, connected to my account with a business upgrade! thanks for all the help
by tuesday i hope to increase my coverage ADB-S antenna arriving from amazon tuesday, but will have to have it indoors until the spring time…
« Last Edit: March 12, 2023, 07:58:47 PM by Gadgetman »