AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: AirBand VHF Improvement  (Read 1803 times)

paulysa1969

AirBand VHF Improvement
« on: June 12, 2023, 11:38:04 PM »
Hi all. I have managed to set up a system here using an OrangePi:

The hardware is: Cortex A7 with 1GB RAM I think. One USB port has a WiFi adapter.
The 2nd has a 4 port powered USB hub which has a green RadarBox ADSB 1090mhZ dongle, a red RadarBox UAT 978MHz dongle and a yellow RadarBox VHF Airband dongle. Serialised to ADSB, 00001090, UAT 00000978 and AirBand 00108137.

It uses Armbian 23.02.2 Bullseye with Linux 5.15.93-sunxi

I have managed to make the green and red dongles run and feed ADSB and UAT tand MLAT to FlightAware, FlightRadar24, AirNav RadarBox and ADSBExcahnge. AirBandVHF is fed to AirNav RadarBox with the yellow dongle.

I had some trouble with my OrangePI and rtl_airband. Eventually I managed to use Charlie-Foxtrots version 4.1.1. and downloaded all dependencies and compiled it. It seemed to produce the rtl_airband binary and install it. I managed to figure out some of the file:

/usr/local/etc/rtl_airband.conf

I have attached it here. Is it correctly setup to scan the frequencies I have it it currently? It seems to only be listening for the 1st frequency of 127.4MHz which I do hear but it is hard to hear so should I adjust some settings in this file too?

Thanks for the help.

Paul

Aerotower

Re: AirBand VHF Improvement
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2023, 09:50:34 PM »
Hi,

Remove the "centerfreq" that is used only for "Multichannel".