anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: MLAT Issue?  (Read 3821 times)

GlynH

MLAT Issue?
« on: January 24, 2021, 03:29:33 PM »
I have just checked my station on RB24 and notice its not showing as MLAT?

Also some of the other Ranking Stations are now starting to drop off...is there an issue?

Thanks & kind regards,
-=Glyn=-

*UPDATE* Seems like I was a bit quick off the mark as they're all coming back up again now.

GlynH

Re: MLAT Issue?
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2021, 03:32:07 PM »
But talking of MLAT-Client...am I right in thinking there could be an issue with the RB implementation of MLAT-Client because if I restart the RBFeeder on a working system MLAT-Client doesn't restart...well on my system at least.

A reboot always brings it back up but it fails if I issue sudo systemctl restart rbfeeder.

Has anyone else noticed this behaviour or is it only me as usual?

Thanks & kind regards,
-=Glyn=-

abcd567

• CYYZ - Toronto
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2021, 09:20:21 PM »
But talking of MLAT-Client...am I right in thinking there could be an issue with the RB implementation of MLAT-Client because if I restart the RBFeeder on a working system MLAT-Client doesn't restart...well on my system at least.

A reboot always brings it back up but it fails if I issue sudo systemctl restart rbfeeder.

Has anyone else noticed this behaviour or is it only me as usual?

Thanks & kind regards,
-=Glyn=-

Please see attached screenshot of my email dated December 13, 2020, which I have sent to AirNav's Jonis Ceara and Andre Brandao on this issue.

« Last Edit: January 24, 2021, 09:39:03 PM by abcd567 »

DZpower

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2021, 02:11:01 AM »
Can i get the instruction on how to fix the bug

GlynH

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2021, 06:59:26 PM »
Well that depends upon whether you are using your own Raspberry Pi or the XRange device?

If you are unfortunate enough to be using the XRange then I believe you could be out of luck as AirNav bundle their own mlat-client within their rbfeeder package and you will have no access to your own device to do anything at all.

If you are lucky enough to have your own Raspberry Pi and it is running Buster then this is what worked for me. This assumes you already have a working system of course;

First download & install the recompiled mlat-client from the Github of abcd567 who is a trusted source;

wget https://github.com/abcd567a/mlat-client-package/releases/download/v1/mlat-client_0.2.11_BUSTER_armhf.deb

sudo dpkg -i mlat-client_0.2.11_BUSTER_armhf.deb

Then to prevent this being overwritten by the AirNav version every time you update your packages by the usual sudo apt update followed by sudo apt full-upgrade you would type;

sudo apt-mark hold mlat-client

This literally puts a hold on the mlat-client from adcd567 so it doesn't get updated.

I would think the man himself will be along before long to offer his advice and/or correct me if I am wrong as its been a while since I went through this procedure myself.

Hope that helps?

Kind regards,
-=Glyn=-

abcd567

• CYYZ - Toronto
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2022, 08:47:03 PM »
@GlynH

UPDATE:
To install mlat-client package on RPi with 32-bit Raspi OS BULLSEYE

Code: [Select]
wget https://github.com/abcd567a/mlat-client-package/releases/download/v1/mlat-client_0.2.11_BULLSEYE_armhf.deb 

sudo dpkg -i mlat-client_0.2.11_BULLSEYE_armhf.deb 

sudo apt-mark hold mlat-client 

« Last Edit: August 18, 2022, 08:53:04 PM by abcd567 »