anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Program Freezes  (Read 1864 times)

aartwynd

Program Freezes
« on: August 05, 2022, 05:01:35 PM »
I finally got the program set up the way I like it. It took about 3 days, because every time I tried to click on a setting, the program would freeze up, and the phrase (Not Responding) would appear on the window bar. Is this a program issue or network problem? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I'm running Windows 10 Version 21H2 64 Byte
Thanks,
Artie

Runway 31

Re: Program Freezes
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2022, 05:57:17 PM »
I presume that you have the network running.  Its not actually freezing but the data from 10,000 plots downloading every 20 seconds makes it appear to freeze.

I suggest that you untick Get Flights from the Radarbox network, bottom left of the Network tab and view on the aircraft you are picking up on the MyFlights tab

Alan

aartwynd

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2022, 06:35:16 PM »
Alan,
Thanks for the speedy reply, but that didn't help. Still freezing up.

Artie

aartwynd

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2022, 06:58:53 PM »
Alan,
Actually, that did help. However, it limits my reception to the dozen or so flights flying overhead. Which defeats the whole purpose of having the program. So, I guess I'll just have to deal with the problem. Would increasing my internet speed help, or do I need a faster computer?

Artie

abcd567

• CYYZ - Toronto
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2022, 07:56:54 PM »
However, it limits my reception to the dozen or so flights flying overhead. Which defeats the whole purpose of having the program.

If you improve your hardware (Antenna, coax, receiver), you can easily catch flights upto 250 nm (450 km) provided you are not surrounded / obstructed but geographical obstructions like hills, or man-made obstructions like high rise buildings or tall trees.

You can very easily determine what maximum range you can get from your location by following How-To. This mthod takes into account the natural obstructions like hills and natural ground gradients, but does not take into account trees or buildings.

What is the Maximum Range I can Get?

Runway 31

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2022, 07:12:34 PM »
If you want the network flights you will just have to put up with the softwares limitations.  As i said downloading the data for 10,000 flights every 20 seconds is very intensive for this old 2010 software

If you are not happy stick to Radarbox which doesnt have those limitations

Alan

aartwynd

« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2022, 12:24:31 AM »
Thanks again for your help. I'm just going to get used to, because I enjoy using it.

Again, thank you very much for your patience and your help

Artie