anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: MLAT not working after Raspi update and selecting yes instead of no for rbfeeder  (Read 9756 times)

abcd567

• CYYZ - Toronto
Thanks for replying, but both my installs have MLAT-failure as reported in this thread also after update/re-install, so I tried the above.

If you have OS Bullseye or Buster, and mlat-client installed from Radarbox repository by command sudo apt install mlat-client fail, then install mlat-client's package which I have eralier built from source-code and made these avaiable for download and installation from my Github site.

mlat-client-package

DesertF0x

Since Radarbox also says I need to update my RBFeeder I did so, but it turned out it was already latest version. Am I doing something wrong when compiling?
No need to compile, just download the package:
Code: [Select]
wget https://github.com/abcd567a/mlat-client-package/releases/download/v1/mlat-client_0.2.11_BUSTER_armhf.deb
Purge the old package
sudo apt purge mlat-client
Install the downloaded package
sudo dpkg -i mlat-client_0.2.11_BUSTER_armhf.deb
Deaktivate reinstallation on update
sudo apt-mark hold  mlat-client

DesertF0x

Note that the packages are updated only for the latest (current) version of raspbian OS (AKA Bullseye), not for older versions (buster). If we have A LOT of users running older OS's, we can create a package for that.....but my recommendation is to update the operating system.

Let me know if it is OK

Alan

Please update the package for BUSTER, too. This is so much easier than updating to BULLSEYE which might make a complete reinstall necessary.

I ran into this problem twice now and it just steals my time.

Providing the update makes it much easier for people to have their receiver working which should be high priority for RB.

Runway 31

There are no issues with the current MLAT package for Buster.  The reply from me you gave was from 2022 and the MLAT package has been updated since then

Alan
« Last Edit: February 09, 2024, 01:23:55 PM by Runway 31 »

DesertF0x

I ran into that problem a few days ago when doing a update on my Raspberry Pi and the version in the repo is still 0.2.11 which I downloaded in 2021.
$ apt-cache policy mlat-client
mlat-client:
  Installed: 0.2.11
  Candidate: 0.2.11
  Version table:
     0.2.11 500
        500 https://apt.rb24.com buster/main armhf Packages

abcd567

• CYYZ - Toronto

I ran into that problem a few days ago when doing a update on my Raspberry Pi and the version in the repo is still 0.2.11 which I downloaded in 2021.

$ apt-cache policy mlat-client
mlat-client:
  Installed: 0.2.11
  Candidate: 0.2.11
  Version table:
     0.2.11 500
        500 https://apt.rb24.com buster/main armhf Packages

You have Raspberry Pi OS BUSTER, which is too old.
Re-image your microSD card with BULLSEYE (or better with latest BOOKWORM), and install rbfeeder and mlat-client on it. You will get latest version of both.

DesertF0x

I know that I am on Buster. It is still supported! Not everyone has time to reinstall everything on every new release... .

abcd567

• CYYZ - Toronto
I know that I am on Buster. It is still supported! Not everyone has time to reinstall everything on every new release... .

If you are happy to stay with old OS Buster, then you should also be happy to stay with old version (0.2.11) of mlat-client.

Why are you complaining? What is wrong with mlat-client version 0.2.11?

DesertF0x

Because the version in the RB Repo is broken, see this thread and especially see here:
Note that the packages are updated only for the latest (current) version of raspbian OS (AKA Bullseye), not for older versions (buster). If we have A LOT of users running older OS's, we can create a package for that.....but my recommendation is to update the operating system.

Let me know if it is OK

Alan
« Last Edit: February 19, 2024, 07:12:35 AM by DesertF0x »

flygpagen

Thanks for replying, but both my installs have MLAT-failure as reported in this thread also after update/re-install, so I tried the above.

If you have OS Bullseye or Buster, and mlat-client installed from Radarbox repository by command sudo apt install mlat-client fail, then install mlat-client's package which I have eralier built from source-code and made these avaiable for download and installation from my Github site.

mlat-client-package

Thanks, it is now running on both my locations.