anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: No Data and no aircraft on RB Site - Linux piaware  (Read 3362 times)

abcd567

• CYYZ - Toronto
Re: No Data and no aircraft on RB Site - Linux piaware
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2022, 06:49:58 PM »
Sent email to support.  Within half an hour they replied and asked me to reboot the Pi.

I rebooted Pi,  and within few minutes aircraft start showing on map.  It is now half an hour since then,  aircraft are showing,  but yellow progress bar is still there,  no change in it. Please attached screenshot.

Runway 31

« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2022, 07:07:20 PM »
It is green now.  Individual stations now all showing again

Alan

abcd567

• CYYZ - Toronto
« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2022, 11:51:02 PM »
Thanks Alan.  Yes it is grren now.

Alpha31

« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2022, 04:02:43 PM »
Hello everyone,
I have exactly the same problem since last night and it happens to me often.
But the biggest problem is that some planes are not visible on the map while on the other feeds it works. Too bad because I find Radarbox above the others.

Runway 31

« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2022, 08:02:44 PM »
I would imgine aircraft not showing on the map it is related to time-outs on each app

Alan

wiedehopf

« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2022, 08:46:27 PM »
Considering the number of recent reports, i'd say radarbox has serious issues with their internal software.

abcd567

• CYYZ - Toronto
« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2022, 10:58:47 PM »
Considering the number of recent reports, i'd say radarbox has serious issues with their internal software.

Right, issues with their software plus possibly their Server capacity has not been enhanced sufficiently to meet addition of large number of RPi feeders during last few years.

« Last Edit: June 11, 2022, 11:01:57 PM by abcd567 »

Runway 31

« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2022, 04:24:40 PM »
Which recent reports are we discussing, aircraft not showing when showing elsewhere or what??

The data goes yellow when the server is down whether for planned maintenance or an error requiring corrective action is down, the uptime lost due to the server being down goes back to green when it comes back up. It also goes yellow when the receiver is not picking anything up for a time as can happen during the night.  During the issue here with abcd showing yellow, the server had an issue but when I saw the report and reported it to the developers it was fixed quickly.  I can bypass support and go direct to the developers speeding things up.

have no knowledge on capacities etc but am happy to forward on reports of issues to the developers and I am afraid reports like " I have exactly the same problem since last night and it happens to me often." is not giving me the information I need to pass on.  Please be specific with your reports please

Support does not monitor the forum so if you are experiencing issues please contact [email protected] with fill details of your specific issue/s.  If you dont advise them the cant fix the issue

Alan
« Last Edit: June 12, 2022, 04:55:00 PM by Runway 31 »

Alpha31

« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2022, 04:53:47 PM »
hello,

I meant in "I have exactly the same problem since last night and it happens to me often" it is in relation to the subject of the topic. The data is well transmitted elsewhere but not at radarbox.
Concerning the report of the planes which does not appear. I have already sent an email and it was answered to me
"​Both systems have different time out settings which causes the difference. I would not worry."
so indeed he should review their system.
Too bad because I find it much more complete.

Runway 31

« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2022, 05:03:21 PM »
Alpha

The subject line is No Data and no aircraft on RB Site - Linux piaware.  This issue was not limited to Piaware but to all station as it was caused by the server being down, once corrected the aircraft came back up for feeders.

Your issue is for you Radarbox is showing less plots than other trackers from the same feed which is completely different. 

Can you advise please when you state "Concerning the report of the planes which does not appear"  do you mean that certain aircraft dont show on your system or do you mean that they stop showing sooner on Radarbox than on other trackers?  Are the aircraft concerned full ADSB or are they MLAT only as it may be caused by limited Radarbox MLAT coverage at your location, if you give your station ID I can have a look at stations synced if you are set up for MLAT.  Also are they at the extremes of your coverage or near the centre etc

I can query with the developers with the info and it would help if you could post a screen shot of your station coverage for Radarbox and the other service for comparison please

Alan
« Last Edit: June 12, 2022, 05:17:39 PM by Runway 31 »

Alpha31

« Reply #25 on: June 12, 2022, 08:18:48 PM »
yes indeed my problem is that there is a difference between the planes displayed.
For fr24+fa both are identical as well as on my local.
The mlat is right on fa but for fr24 and radarbox they are deactivated because I thought I understood that there could be problems...

I detail you my config. Dump-fa install before feed services.

for the services they are in beast on PORT 30005

here is my radaxbox station: EXTRPI147847
as well as screenshots for comparison.

Thanks a lot.

wiedehopf

« Reply #26 on: June 13, 2022, 04:31:07 AM »
That seems to be roughly the same planes i don't see any issue.

This is not an issue, the interfaces most likely have different criteria for displaying a flight.
For example one might only deem an aircraft position reliable after getting multiple positions close to each other.

Alpha31

« Reply #27 on: June 13, 2022, 07:34:25 AM »
ok, if you tell me that there is no problem, I accept it but there is still a difference of 10 planes missing sometimes a little more...

thank you for your return, and also say a big thank you for your availability for the community as well as for your software (tar, graph...)

I installed everything with your tutorials as well as those of abcd567.
thanks to you two.

wiedehopf

« Reply #28 on: June 13, 2022, 09:51:13 AM »
shameless plug: https://github.com/wiedehopf/adsb-wiki/wiki/Raspbian-Lite:-ADS-B-receiver

If you want a remote display you can link to people, consider the adsbexchange feed page as well (i'd prefer it over the screenshots above).

Runway 31

« Reply #29 on: June 13, 2022, 10:43:44 AM »
Thanks for your input wiedehopf.  As you state they look very similar to me as well.  Timeouts can make a big difference if one tracker uses say 30 seconds after loosing as signal to remove a plot from screen and another uses several minutes

Even well within your coverage area signals from aircraft can be lost due to obstructions not just at the edge of coverage and plotting can come and go depending on time outs

Alan
« Last Edit: June 13, 2022, 10:45:57 AM by Runway 31 »