anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Wish List  (Read 10474 times)

waddington1

Wish List
« on: June 29, 2008, 07:31:14 AM »
Hi would it be possible for a new version of the software to be able to say in the Status section something like landed for flights under a set hight.  at the moment it says leveled.

It might be quite useful for users like myself who upload to the network that live next to an airport, I live next to EMA so I get quite a lot of ground traffic.

Many thanks

Stuart @ EGNX

RodBearden

• Rod's RadarBox Downloads
Re: Wish List
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2008, 05:21:59 PM »
Another suggestion for the next version (1.7 now that 1.6 is entering beta testing).

How about a "new aircraft" filter for MyFlights that would allow us to see just aircraft that are new to MyLog - to avoid instances where a flight disappears and soon reappears, it could show aircraft that weren't in MyLog until, say, 12 or 24 hours ago.

While this would not be useful at first for new users or people who have just emptied MyLog as all aircraft would be "new" to them, it would help to highlight new and possibly interesting aircraft and separate them from the regulars.

Anyone agree?

Rod
« Last Edit: June 30, 2008, 10:29:30 AM by RodBearden »
Rod

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2008, 06:27:00 PM »
What I'd really, really like to see from MyLog, is whether the aircraft was transmitting position information.  Many times I've been asked if a aircraft or fleet has full ADS-B.  I can usually see them in the log, but have no way of answering the question.

Allocator

RodBearden

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2008, 08:02:40 PM »
Allocator

You may remember that on another thread I asked for an aircraft's closest approach distance per flight to be recorded in MyLog - that would give me the information I want, and prove that the aircraft was transmitting position.

Rod
Rod

Allocator

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2008, 09:29:56 PM »
Yes, that would work.  It might be more complicated to program rather than a simple yes/no "flag" for lat or lon, but those AirNav guys are a clever bunch :-)

gpsranger

• storm chaser
    • Bicester Weather
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2008, 02:12:17 PM »
add to the wish list please     enable GPS centre for map,  good for when using Radarbox mobile or sat on hill top or airports etc.

Tallyho

« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2008, 03:31:38 PM »
Is there a published bugs list somewhere, now I am actively using ANRB I am finding lots of little "buggettes" not show stoppers as such but lots of little niggly things that I am sure must have been picked up by other users already so I do not want to go over "old ground" but then again you wouldn't want them to get missed in future versions.
My only major at the moment is ANRB locking up completely (I usually have it running 24/7) sometimes when I come out of minimse or screensaver modes. Oh and sometimes when I do attempt to close down ANRB cleanly (File>Exit) I get an unclean exit with the usual do I want to tell microsft all about message and when I subsequently go back into ANRB next time round my map defaults to somewhere over the US and my screen layout and some setting have been lost.

If there is a bug or even better whats already been fixed in the next release list then I would love to see it, as it may save me some typing.
thanks
Keith

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2008, 04:31:24 PM »
My only major at the moment is ANRB locking up completely (I usually have it running 24/7) sometimes when I come out of minimse or screensaver modes.

That's one bug that's being fixed in the next release (v1.6).
« Last Edit: July 04, 2008, 06:27:32 PM by tarbat »

Tallyho

« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2008, 12:49:45 PM »
No ongoing bug or fixed in next release list though :o(

Paulc

« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2008, 09:02:32 PM »
I have a minor suggestion / request - when you send a report via email would it be possible to have some sort of message that confirming that it has been sent. I was showing this feature to a friend and sent the same report several times as there was no indication that the first time had worked.

Allocator

« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2008, 09:19:26 PM »
I have a minor suggestion / request - when you send a report via email would it be possible to have some sort of message that confirming that it has been sent. I was showing this feature to a friend and sent the same report several times as there was no indication that the first time had worked.

Watch the status bar at the bottom of the RB window when you email the report.  You will see:

"Message sent with success"

Paulc

« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2008, 05:22:35 AM »
Cannot see a status bar on mine ? - unless it is off the screen - is there a way of resizing this screen to check this?

Allocator

« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2008, 10:33:41 AM »
Cannot see a status bar on mine ? - unless it is off the screen - is there a way of resizing this screen to check this?

The status bar is the one on the main RadarBox window, not the MyLog/Reports window - bottom centre of the window, to the right of the lat/lon readout and to the left of the  Photo/Info processing message.  You can make the RB window fit the screen my using the normal windows maximise/minimise buttons at the top right.

You can resize the report window just like any other window by hovering the mouse over the window edge and using the left mouse button and dragging.

Paulc

« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2008, 10:53:41 AM »
ok - my report window fills the screen so will resize and check.

RodBearden

« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2008, 04:18:43 PM »
Another little request about the Alert Log:

Wouldn't it be nicer if it showed the date and time of each alert, and when there's a longer list than fits in the little window, it showed the most recent alerts first rather than the oldest?

Rod
Rod