anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: No aircraft on LFBO  (Read 3959 times)

kleykley

No aircraft on LFBO
« on: June 28, 2008, 06:38:07 PM »
Hello,

I bought 3 days ago airnav radar box and I live to 1 nm LFBO toulouse blagnac, when I look on my radar box  I see that the planes between 360 and 390 level, however, there is no filter for the level. I would like to see the traffic off and landing of LFBO but I see nothing!! how I tried to put in LFBO airport and origin and destination, but nothing more thank you for informing me
« Last Edit: June 28, 2008, 06:46:02 PM by kleykley »

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
Re: No aircraft on LFBO
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2008, 06:43:49 PM »
Hi kleykley,

Firstly great to see an customer in Toulouse, hopefully via the network we can keep an eye on the new aircraft out the factory.

Ok, you say you don't see any aircraft between FL270 and 390, can you confirm there are some in your area and also whether you are seeing other aircraft?

You should be seeing aircraft landing and departing if you only 1 mile away. Can you tell us whether the antenna has a good view of the airport from your location?

Also for the moment clear all the filters, the filter for LFBO will only work if we have that route in database so for the moment do not use any filters (you can click the Show All button on the top left hand side)
« Last Edit: June 28, 2008, 06:45:38 PM by AirNav Support »
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

Deadcalm

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2008, 07:50:23 PM »
Hello, Kleykley. I am some way north of you - about 60 nm south of Limoges.  I am at around 450m amsl with an external pre-amplified antenna.  I can see traffic into Toulouse down to fairly low levels, but intervening terrain precludes watching landings and take-offs.  Nevertheless, you should be getting traffic at all levels.

DC
Go around, I say again go around...

kleykley

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2008, 08:07:15 PM »
hello,

For the moment I see the aircraft but at 360 to 390, so I just look on my radar I do not always see take-offs and landings on LFBO. I look at my maximum range polar diagram and airport toulouse is inside so I do not understand why I do not see the planes land.

Deadcalm can you tell me the name of the dish and I would like to know how it is placed with you (outside? "In height?) It is really powerful to see toulouse not evil and you see all the fir Bordeaux (CTR: bordeaux center FL 0 to FL 390?)

Deadcalm

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2008, 08:25:48 AM »
I can see traffic at high level from south of the Pyrenees, almost up to the Brest peninsula, and out into Biscay. The antenna and pre-amp (NOT dish!) is a Wimo GP-1090.

I can't see anything lower than about FL70, because a). there are no airfields close by within line-of-sight, and b). because I live in the hills the terrain between me and other airfields means that the signal is lost as the traffic descends.  The best "views" I have (because of valleys) are Bergerac and Toulouse, but even here, FL70 seems to be the limit.  If you are that close to Toulouse (and not in a deep valley) you should get far better low-level results than me.  Buy an external antenna, place it as high as is feasible, you should certainly notice a difference.

DC
Go around, I say again go around...