AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Flightstick connection issue after windows update  (Read 1833 times)

bracknaghradar

Flightstick connection issue after windows update
« on: May 24, 2021, 08:04:13 AM »
Hi all,
Hopefully someone can guide me.. my flightstick was working fine until a recent windows update and now my stick is yellow in 2 x boxes. I can see the device connected under the control panel but it appears that there is a realtek driver now assigned.. anyone with the same issue or how best resolve it? attached some screen shots.. Thank You :)

Runway 31

Re: Flightstick connection issue after windows update
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2021, 08:34:12 AM »
Re-install the drivers.  Windows update has a habit of installing the USB drivers it thinks you need over writing the correct ones

Alan
« Last Edit: May 24, 2021, 08:54:48 AM by Runway 31 »

bracknaghradar

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2021, 09:08:33 AM »
Hi Alan
Thank you for your reply :)

Is there a proper way to do this or just run the .exe from inside the airnav folder or try to update from within the device driver area? IM more a OSX person than windows so any guidance you can offer is greatly appreciated...

Regards

Richard

Runway 31

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2021, 09:27:58 AM »
Just download the driver https://www.airnavsystems.com/Download/ANRB/Drivers/microRadarbox-Drivers-20150411.exe

Assuming W10 it shows bottom left of screen, click on it and the install process start with a DOS window opening, leave it until it tells you that you need to restart to finish the process, close down Windows and restart and that should be it

Alan

bracknaghradar

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2021, 09:48:04 AM »
I have done that, the window opened and it looked all fine after say 20/30 secs the window closed on its own, I manually rebooted the PC and still no input.... mmm not sure if its me or windows (or both) maybe a pi is the better option and forget windows... ?

Attached the current view

Runway 31

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2021, 10:18:35 AM »
I dont see anything wrong with it.  Only thing I can see different from mine is the driver date of 2018 while mines is 2017.

Only other thing I can suggest is to try the Zadig drivers https://zadig.akeo.ie/  see reply 7 of this thread for instructions https://forum.radarbox24.com/index.php?topic=105011.0

Alan
« Last Edit: May 24, 2021, 10:52:59 AM by Runway 31 »

bracknaghradar

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2021, 10:40:54 AM »
Thanks Alan

mikek

« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2021, 02:16:51 PM »
I had the same issue with the Windows 21H1 update.
I reinstalled the Zadig driver and it worked. Hopefully you have the same results

Mike

bracknaghradar

« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2021, 02:33:34 PM »
Thanks Mike

Yes thats the update that created the issue... we are back in business now and hopefully it will stay that way.. Im going to look at a pi for a fun project and I may move it over for other benefits in due course but for the minute its green all the way...

Thanks for the help guys :)