AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Synched Station are lower  (Read 1578 times)

DZpower

Synched Station are lower
« on: May 08, 2021, 05:56:03 PM »
I had an issue with the MLAT synching and disappearing and after doing some research i made the change from 3.5 to 3.7 for Python and that seems to have fixed the issue with MLAT Active staying on but i noticed that there are less station like before ( used to get up 20 synched station) and now it's done to 11.

DZpower

Re: Synched Station are lower
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2021, 06:04:08 PM »
Also when entering the position ( Lat /Long and Alt MSL) does it need to be the actual position of the Antenna or the receiver?
i have  a Noolec Standard antenna that came with the SDR that i have on top of the AC unit by the window and the SDR is plugged into the Pi
what is the accurate position to enter?   The antenna or PI
Antenna by the window and the Pi is under my desk
there is a GPS Program called GPSTest and i used that for location ( i put phone outside the window and waited for the position to show up but i keep changing the last 3 digits)
if anyone could provide any information that would be appreciated

Runway 31

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2021, 06:20:33 PM »
Enter the antenna location lat/lon.  If they are both in same room it will not make any difference.  I use google earth for my location .

Synced stations will go up and down depending on the aircraft locations, whether reveivers re on etc

Alan

DZpower

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2021, 06:30:49 PM »
Antenna is outside by the window and on top of Air Conditioning unit  and the pi is inside the house under my desk
what is the best accurate position to use ?

Runway 31

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2021, 07:11:41 PM »
if they are a few meters apart either but make it the antenna as that receives the signals

Alan