anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: XRange 2  (Read 5501 times)

Turbo

XRange 2
« on: March 24, 2021, 04:38:51 AM »
My adsb unit is 3 months old and stopped working i have disconnected the usb so many times with no luck anyone got any ideas.

Regards Lino.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2021, 04:43:42 AM by Turbo »

Runway 31

Re: XRange 2
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2021, 06:18:21 AM »
Contact [email protected] for assistance.  Advise your station number, only they can do anything with it as it is not user configurable

Alan
« Last Edit: March 24, 2021, 06:20:44 AM by Runway 31 »

Turbo

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2021, 07:07:33 AM »
Thanks Alan already done that i hope the unit starts working again i am very dissapointed
hopefully if its faulty they will send me a replacement.

Regards Lino.

Runway 31

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2021, 08:40:58 AM »
It may well just be a corrupt o/s, it happens occasionally but the xrange series are usually very reliable

It will need to left powered up to let a developer access it

Alan

Turbo

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2021, 12:44:12 PM »
Hi Alan Airnav support told me to do certain things with the unit still not working doesnt look like i am getting a replacement in one of there emails they told me there is nothing that they can do.

Regards Lino.

Runway 31

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2021, 01:12:29 PM »
Did you ask for a replacement

Alan

Turbo

« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2021, 01:32:00 PM »
I have asked for a replacement havent had a response yet i am hoping.

Regards Lino.

Turbo

« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2021, 11:14:05 PM »
The response from Airnav is they passed my case through the developer who will walk me through flashing the SD card they think its corrupted rather then a hardware failure to be honest i dont like touching my equipment cause if i stuff it up it will be my fault so it doesnt look like i am getting a replacement yet.

Regards LINO.

Runway 31

« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2021, 05:43:31 PM »
if that is all the issue, just follow the instructions given and it will all be up and running again.  If it is corrupt you cant do any more damge to it so just follow the instructions given and if there is something you dont understand ask

There is no justification in replacing the expensive equipment when a few minutes of time can hopefully fix the issue and get it back up and running

Alan

Turbo

« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2021, 12:42:07 PM »
To be honest Alan i got no idea what there talking about.

Regards Lino.

Turbo

« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2021, 09:23:07 PM »
Update since the last email from airnav nothing has hapenned i think im getting the run around they send free units worldwide but i dont get a replacement since i paid for mine
 considering the other things that i bought from them..

Regards Lino.

Turbo

« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2021, 12:34:30 PM »
Finally my XRange 2 is working again problem was the configurations where corrupted and been restored.

Regards Lino.

Kiwi in Oz

« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2021, 12:52:21 AM »
Thought i would post this here as it relates to an XRange2 issue also, happy to start another thread if that's best though.
(i have contacted support but thought i would post here in case the brains trust can assist)
My XRange2 is constantly displaying a red LED. It appears to still be feeding (PGANRB500716) but am fairly sure it used to display a green LED all the time.
I have disconnected from power and restarted the unit a couple of times but still displays red LED.
I purchased and installed a 1090mhz filter as i live near a radio/cellphone/tv tower and thought it may have been causing issues.

Any ideas??

Runway 31

« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2021, 08:08:40 AM »
The filter should not be required as the x-range already has one fitted.  As you state you are still feeding so no issue there and I would suggest that the only ones who can offer a reason and solution to the red light would be support

I dont think the additional filer will be causing the red light but have you tried removing the filter to see if it goes off.  While it may or not cause the red light the additional filter may cause issues with the number of aircraft picked up so I would investigate that.

Alan

Turbo

« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2021, 11:33:46 AM »
Hi contact this person he will help you out [email protected]

Regards Lino.