anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: RadarBox24 not starting on my RPi4  (Read 2162 times)

bvb40170

RadarBox24 not starting on my RPi4
« on: February 21, 2021, 03:29:38 PM »
Hi- I have tried to set up RB24 on my RPi4 running PiAaware but with no success.  I have tried many times.  I have used sudo apt-get remove rbfeeder between each attempt and tried to carefully follow the instructions in radarbox.com/raspberry-pi/guide.   The RPi4 has a FlightAware orange dongle attached.  I am successfully running PiAware, FR24 and ADSB Exchange on this RPi.   Why can't I get RadarBox24 to run?
I should also point out that I am running RadarBox24 on an old RPi3 with a generic dongle and this works well except the range is very poor.   I used the same script from above to install on this RPi so I'm mystified as to why it won't run on the RPi4.   Support has been no help.   Perhaps someone here has a better solution.

anorak

• support The Devon Air Ambulance Trust
Re: RadarBox24 not starting on my RPi4
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2021, 10:25:06 AM »
Morning, just wait till ABCD sees your post, he will have the answer. Follow his instructions and you will be good to go.
Best wishes, Dave.
Dave. Exmoor, North Devon.

abcd567

• CYYZ - Toronto
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2021, 12:44:55 PM »
The Guide give instructions for many options. It seems you have configured it with wrong options.

You are using apt-get remove command which does not remove config file  "/etc/rbfeeder.ini" and mlat-client. You have to remove these as well before you reinstall rbfeeder.

Dont look to Guide, simply follow steps below:

(1) Delete rbfeeder's configuration file, and remove existing rbfeeder and mlat-client
Code: [Select]
sudo rm /etc/rbfeeder.ini   

sudo apt-get purge mlat-client 

sudo apt-get purge rbfeeder   

sudo reboot

(2) Install rbfeeder again
sudo bash -c "$(wget -O - http://apt.rb24.com/inst_rbfeeder.sh)"   

During installation it will ask to install dump978-rb. Say No to it.

(3) After rbfeeder installation is completed, restart it
sudo systemctl restart rbfeeder   

(4) Go to the "Claim" page (link given below), login to your RB24 account, and follow instructions to claim your station by linking it to your RB24 account
https://www.radarbox.com/raspberry-pi/claim

(5) OPTIONAL: If you want to participate in MLAT, you have to:
 (a) Install mlat-client
sudo apt-get install mlat-client   

sudo systemctl restart rbfeeder   

(b) Set your Location on RB24 map if not done during "Claim Your Station". See attached screenshot below (click on image to see full size). Click "Edit" to open location setting dialogue (on screenshot, the red arrow points to "Edit")

« Last Edit: February 22, 2021, 01:45:57 PM by abcd567 »

bvb40170

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2021, 05:29:18 PM »
Many thanks ABCD567.  I followed your steps above and everything is working just fine now.   As you correctly pointed out, "remove" doesn't in fact remove RB24 and "purge" is the right tool.
Kind regards, Bryan