AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Database Explorer  (Read 1974 times)

jdsd

Database Explorer
« on: February 05, 2021, 09:46:48 AM »
Hi

I have over the last week or so deleted appox 15000 aircraft.Shock horror this
morning they are all back,am I doing something wrong or what do I do so they
do not come back again

Many thanks
jdsd

Runway 31

Re: Database Explorer
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2021, 02:16:50 PM »
I dont know your reason for deleting aircraft but yopu could use File/Database Explorer/Databse Updates/Update allrecords/Start Update to download the latest database.  Let it download and process once finished you will be advised to close down the software and restart.  On restarting it will finish processing and on starting up the new databse will be installed.  A new databse is available each day

Alan

jdsd

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2021, 03:01:04 PM »
Thanks Alan

But there is still some very old stuff in the database Explorer, I was trying to tidy
things up, ie American MD83's old B-742's plus many others

Was something to do in lock down

Cheers
jdsd

Runway 31

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2021, 03:25:41 PM »
The MD83's are gone.  The only N Reg B742 is is N787RR and its still current as for the others, 2 or 3 Iranians now gone with the rest still current

Anything needing weeded out let me know and I wil ldelete it

Alan
« Last Edit: February 05, 2021, 03:29:57 PM by Runway 31 »

jdsd

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2021, 04:00:47 PM »
Thank you very much for your help, I will let you know what needs to be deleted

Cheers
Jdsd

Runway 31

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2021, 04:22:28 PM »
No worries, the good thing is that the purpose of the database is to populate the aircraft picked up so aircraft no longer flying dont really matter unless the hex/registration is reallocated

Alan

AnthonyHunt

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2021, 11:42:57 PM »
I thought the hex designation was introduced to created uniqueness? Registrations can be reused but hex can't?

Runway 31

« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2021, 03:06:44 PM »
Hex codes are reused all the time.  In the US for instance the hex/code registration is tied so if the registration is re-allocated the hex code is therefore reused as well, there are plenty of registration that have been used 4/5/6 times and the hex code is always the same. 

In the UK the hex is tied to the frame therefore if the aircraft changes registration the hex code still stays the same as an example AT43 G-HUET with Aurigeny is now G-LMRD with Loganair using the same hex as it had as G-HUET.

Some countries re-use hex codes with different frames/registrations .

The uniqueness comes with only one aircraft being allocated with the a hex code at the same time and in an ideal world that should be it but the world is not ideal. You can see every day miscodes which can see the same code being used by 2/3 or more aircraft at the same time.  As an example aircraft use a test registration with its associated hex code for test flying bu its manufacturer and when it is sold abroad the transponder is not changed and you can have a number of aircraft flying around in different parts of the world showing the same code

Alan