anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Coverage  (Read 2175 times)

thechipman0

Coverage
« on: January 21, 2021, 11:15:52 AM »
Hi all hope someone can help. My feederstation is showing a miserable 61nm coverage despite moving area onto roof but my main problem is, when aircraft are in my coverage area they are not showing on my feed. Any ideas on how to fix this would be great thanks. I am running of a raspi and my stations is: EXTRPI020882 Thanks.

Runway 31

Re: Coverage
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2021, 12:50:30 PM »
I note you are showing yellow blocks which suggests no data but if you are seeing aircraft that is good although as stated you dont appear to be sending data as has already been discussed.  You had a some periods of green which shows you were sending data but that stopped late afternoon on 19th so it looks like you made some adjustment which stopped the data flow

While you have an antenna on the roof what type is it and is it designed for 1090Mhz reception

Just because an aircraft is within your area it doesnt mean that you will see it as it depends on the altitude of the aircraft and any blockages  which give non coverage areas within your coverage area through various flight levels.  You will probaly also pick up aircraft at higher level than low level.   Whether you see an aircraft on screen will also depend on whether the aircraft is ADSB equipped or not as you dont have MLAT so you will only be able to see aircraft so equipped as they dont give positional information

Alan
« Last Edit: January 21, 2021, 12:54:32 PM by Runway 31 »

thechipman0

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2021, 02:17:51 PM »
Thanks for the reply, the yellow boxes showing no information was because the antenna was disconnected while repositioned onto the roof. The antenna is a Colial (sorry for spelling icant even pronounce it)lol. I thought that mlat was installed as I had to put in lon,lat etc etc. Maybe its not installed properly I will give it another go. I'm about to do some more work on the antenna cable so hopefully that may help.
Thanks again, Steve

Runway 31

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2021, 02:27:37 PM »
Steve

Its still showing yellow for no data at this time.  Is it a home made collinear?

Alan
« Last Edit: January 21, 2021, 02:29:16 PM by Runway 31 »

thechipman0

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2021, 03:05:35 PM »
Yes homemade, I am also in the middle of changing some script, I just can't understand how it was working one min and then just stopped.

Runway 31

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2021, 03:26:02 PM »
I dont know, it appears to have stopped around 1700 Tuesday

Alan

thechipman0

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2021, 03:28:26 PM »
Yes I see, must be something I have altered along the line. Will have to just keep working on it. Thanks for your input
Cheers

Steve