anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Setting up a flight stick  (Read 4031 times)

Flying Fred

Setting up a flight stick
« on: January 02, 2021, 03:27:21 PM »
Ok I have the drivers for Windows 10, I have the antenna outside up 10 feet above the ground; I am located 50 miles from KDTW; I have the program AirNav Radarbox 6.0; have an aircraft spotter account; and still not tracking any aircraft. Do I need anything else? I thought the flight stick and software was all I need. You Tube wasn't any help in setting up the flight stick. I am about ready to return the antenna and dongle. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Also, I have the message "hardware not connected". Reinstalled drivers still no connection.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2021, 04:53:35 PM by Flying Fred »

Runway 31

Re: Setting up a flight stick
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2021, 05:09:06 PM »
Fred

You dont need to start a new thread each time, stick to the one thread, makes things easier

I note that you state "I Have installed the drivers for W10", ignoring the advice that I gave on the other thread.   You need to download and install the specific Flightstick drivers http://www.airnavsystems.com/Download/ANRB/Drivers/microRadarbox-Drivers-20150411.exe

Please note that these are not the same as the W10 drivers you mentioned which are for the original legacy box but the drivers specifically for the flight stick.  If you have not downloaded and installed them please do so.  Just click on the link above

Give them time to install, wait until the command DOS box disappears

Alan
« Last Edit: January 02, 2021, 05:53:45 PM by Runway 31 »

Flying Fred

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2021, 07:27:35 PM »
Ok Alan, I did everything, still no tracking. I am still getting " not connected" message even thought my flight is lit. Yes the usb ports are good. I don't know what else I need to do. This is getting too hard. I thought this would be alternative to going online to watch tracking is should not be this hard. Any other suggestions before I take down my antenna and return it.

Runway 31

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2021, 08:46:09 PM »
The stick is normally easy to install and run and users dont normally have any issues.  The flight stick drivers are a derivative of the Zadig drivers that you can download and install from https://zadig.akeo.ie/

Try installing them, if you need any advice let me know and i will try and assist you further

I take it you closed down the software, restarted and logged in again, the stick drivers should be in the radarbox/drivers folder as per the attached shot.  Can you confirm they are there

Alan
« Last Edit: January 02, 2021, 09:03:09 PM by Runway 31 »

abcd567

• CYYZ - Toronto
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2021, 01:07:10 AM »
(1) Download Zadig.exe from http://zadig.akeo.ie/ .

(2) Plug the Dongle (FlightStick or ProStick or DVB-T) in your Windows Computer.

(3) Follow the steps below:

Double click Zadig.exe to run it.
The window below will open.

On main menu, click “Options”.
On the drop-down, place a check mark beside “List All Devices”.

From list of devices, select “RTL2838” which is actually DVB-T or FlightStick or ProStick.
Now click button which will either say “Install Driver” or “Reinstall Driver”

Flying Fred

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2021, 04:45:48 PM »
Alan, the RTL2838 doesn't show on the list of devices, just a Broadcom USH. I guess this is the end of the road. There must be a bug in the software preventing my laptop from seeing the device, even though it is plugged in and lit. Or it's windows 10 not seeing the device.  I guess I will return the antenna and flight stick since I can't get the software to work with my laptop and flight stick. There must be some type of incompatibly issue with windows 10 and the drivers that's the only thing I can thing of at this stage. Thank you for all your help.

Runway 31

« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2021, 06:46:55 PM »
I wouldnt think that will be the case, pity there isnt somebody near you that knows about computers its only a 5 minute job to get them up and running

The Zadig software sees everything connected on the computer and it is very unusual for any laptop to have only one device so I can only presume you are doing something wrong.  Nnfortunately at a distance I can help any further.  I presume you looked down the drop down list to see the other devices.

Maybe support will be able to assist, drop them an email

Cheers

Alan
« Last Edit: January 03, 2021, 06:49:36 PM by Runway 31 »

Maverick74

« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2023, 09:37:08 PM »
Hi.
 I’ve just changed PC .iVE TRIED EVERYTHING TO GET THE FLIGHT STICK TO WORK ON MY NEW PC BUT IM NOT GETTING ANYWEHRE. iVE DOWNLOADED SOFTWARE AND DRIVERS SEVERAL TIMES AND TAKEN THEM OFF STARTED AGAIN , IVE TRIED zadig BUT STILL WHEN I OPEN THE PROGRAM IT SAYS HARDWARE NOT CONNECTED AND WHEN ITS BOOTING UP IT SAYS HARDWARE FOUND RBL 1, I THINK IT SAYS, BUT THEN ON THE NEXT LINE IT SAYS CHECK FAILED? I THOUGHT I MAY HAVE BLOWN THE USB STICK CHANGING PC BUT IVE BOOTED UP MY OLD PC AND IT STILL WORKS FINE ON THAT?? iM AT A LOSS! iVE ALSO TRIED DIFFERENT PORTS ON MY NEW PC AND STILL DOES NOT WORK?? apologies for CAPS. all ive had back from the support is 'have you downloaded the drivers'!!

Runway 31

« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2023, 03:02:37 PM »
What o/s are you on

Go to Control Panel/Devices and Printers, do you see the stick under Unspecified.  If so what is in its Properties, is it showing as ok or are there issues there and can you use update driver to set the drivers

In Zadig, are you seeing the stick when setting its drivers

Alan
« Last Edit: July 22, 2023, 03:05:00 PM by Runway 31 »

Maverick74

« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2023, 03:53:17 PM »
hi, it says RTL2383UHDIR driver unavallaiable

Maverick74

« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2023, 05:23:31 PM »
sorry OS is now windows 11 just updatd overnight

Maverick74

« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2023, 06:51:23 PM »
Hi, AT LAST!!! got it working!! i booted up my old PC and copied the whole folder but it wasnt saying the driver was installed still but i dont really know how i did it i went through loads of steps to update the driver from the manafacturer and tyoe etc etc and  booted up the app on my new PC and finally got the green hardware connected with flights showing!!!! that was pushing me to my limit!!!

Runway 31

« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2023, 07:29:11 PM »
Its working thats you need to know, funny things computers

Alan