AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Finishing XRange2 setup  (Read 3283 times)

packman2008

Finishing XRange2 setup
« on: December 10, 2020, 02:59:08 PM »
I've just bought an XRange2 box and whilst the booklet that comes with it covers the basics of getting the box online there are a few bits of info missing. I actually found the forum when looking for this info but didn't find it here so I thought I'd add it just in case anyone else comes looking!

1) The booklet alludes to linking the box to your radarbox.com account but doesn't explain how to do this. If you look in your radarbox.com account there are methods of claiming various devices, but not the XRange2. The info required for the other methods isn't available for the XRange2 so you can't use one of those methods. The only way to do this is to contact AirNav support. The will need to know your radarbox.com account (easiest way is to send a message from your account email address) and tell them your PGANRBxxxxxx number (on the bottom of the Xrange2 box). The will attach the box to your account and email you to confirm they've done it.

2) If you look at the local status page for your box you will notice that MLAT isn't working. This is because MLAT needs to know your exact station location and that's not been set yet. First, claim your box on radarbox.com (see (1) above). Once that's been done log into your radarbox.com account, click on 'Account' then 'Stations' and select your station from the drop down list. I think that you will now be prompted for your station details, e.g. latitude/longitude/antenna height. If you're not prompted for these and you get your station map displayed click on the 'Edit' link next to your location (top left) and when prompted enter your details. Soon after you've stored your details MLAT will be automatically enabled on your box.

3) The booklet doesn't mention it, but the XRange2 is capable of using a WiFi connection. Unfortunately this isn't user configurable so it's time for another email to support (or send the details when asking to claim the box) to get them to set this up for you. You'll need to let them know the PGANRBxxxxxx number, the WiFi SSID (name) and password. This isn't particularly secure but there's no other way to do it. In my case I have a dedicated and locked down SSID/password I can use so it's not a big deal, but I can understand why some people might be reticent to give out this info!

Runway 31

Re: Finishing XRange2 setup
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2020, 04:18:57 PM »
Hi Packman

Welcome

The queries have all been discussed on here previously on a number of occasions and its just a matter of finding the posts which is not altogether easy.  Raising a query would have given you the answers and as you found out some things have to be done via support anyway.  However I am sure some may find your post informative in the future

Alan
« Last Edit: December 10, 2020, 04:21:50 PM by Runway 31 »

Beauceron

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2021, 11:25:15 AM »
Hello,

With my new XRange2 came also the 1090 antenna. My previous RB was connected with an amplifer (came with the RB package at the time).
Does the XRange2 need or can be used with the amplifer?

Leo

Runway 31

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2021, 02:17:30 PM »
Hi Leo

The XRANGE 2 has an LNA and filter inside

Alan