anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Feeder Uptime question?  (Read 2303 times)

GlynH

Feeder Uptime question?
« on: November 13, 2020, 12:59:47 AM »
I was looking at My Station earlier and noticed what might be an anomaly in the Uptime stats.

When looking at My Station in the browser it clearly shows 100% uptime over the last 9 days with the weeks data all showing in green but when looking at the UK Ranking table it is showing only 61% uptime with a yellow bar showing a period with no data.

Do these Uptime stats have different criteria?

Also the MLAT Info in the top box doesn't seem constant. Sometimes it shows like the attached picture saying MLAT is Active but no stations synced, other times it will say Active with anything up to 280 stations synced and occasionally the whole line disappears showing nothing to do with MLAT.

Is that normal behaviour?

Thanks & kind regards,
-=Glyn=-
« Last Edit: November 13, 2020, 01:04:24 AM by GlynH »

Runway 31

Re: Feeder Uptime question?
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2020, 08:56:14 AM »
I would think that the only ones who could provide an answer would be support

Alan

GlynH

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2020, 01:08:00 PM »
You would think so wouldn't you but I'm still waiting for a reply to the last question I sent to Alex last Monday!

I think I figured it out myself anyway...the MyStation page shows uptime over one week whereas the ranking page shows uptime over two weeks. I think.

My uptime has increased from 61% to 81% and I have been online for 12 days now and rank has risen from 279 to 71 in the UK and from 2226 to 652 Globally in the 3 days since I posted.

If it continues at this rate I might even make the Top 5 UK and maybe Top 75 Globally in the next few days.

I see a huge reduction in flights these days as I currently only have 111 showing in MyFlights where back in 2008 I used to regularly see 500-700 at any one time.

-=Glyn=-

Runway 31

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2020, 01:23:49 PM »
Thanks for the info Glynn,  I know they stats are time based worked out over a number of days, possibly 7

If you look at the Radarbox Rankings page you will see an * at Score and if you hover your cursor over it you get a formula Uptime^2*(Average range +max range/5) which is used to work out the ranking

Yes since Covid started you see a massive reduction in flights with aircraft parked all over the world.  Up here at Glasgow for example British Airways have around 26 aircraft parked.  Looking at the network before covid we were seeing 11,000 or so plots showing and the highest I have seen lately is around 7,000 so a big decrease and I would think that this is going to last for some time

Alan

GlynH

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2020, 01:34:56 PM »
Hey Alan,

Yeah I saw the formula and wondered if ^2 indicated 2 weeks of uptime or not?

Agree it will take some years before we even begin to approach those figures let alone match them.

Seems like I have missed out on a lot of traffic over this last 12 years since I 'parked' my original RadarBox...

-=Glyn=-

packman2008

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2020, 02:19:00 PM »
If you look at the Radarbox Rankings page you will see an * at Score and if you hover your cursor over it you get a formula Uptime^2*(Average range +max range/5) which is used to work out the ranking

The formula being used seems to be:

(Uptime/10)^2 * (Av Range + Max Range/5)

If you calculate your score you will get a slightly different number. I think this might be because the distances are stored (and calculated) with decimal places but only displayed as integers.