anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Complete uninstall of RadarBox & Win10 drivers  (Read 2035 times)

GlynH

Complete uninstall of RadarBox & Win10 drivers
« on: November 09, 2020, 01:31:53 AM »
As I won't ever be plugging in any of my old RadarBox devices because I am using a RPi I would like to do a complete uninstall of everything RadarBox from my PC including uninstalling the Win10 drivers that were a faff to get installed in the first place!

I would like to remove all traces of everything RadarBoxy but then reinstall the buggy 6.02.003 so I can connect to my Pi by IP Address to the root of C:/ instead of the default location of C:/Program Files (x86)

I don't know why it is recommended to install to the root rather than let its own installer default take care of things so maybe someone might offer an explanation please?

And maybe just confirm that I don't need to install the Win10 drivers if I am not physically connecting to the original RadarBox device?

I am guessing not...

Thanks & kind regards,
-=Glyn=-

Runway 31

Re: Complete uninstall of RadarBox & Win10 drivers
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2020, 03:44:23 PM »
Its not just Radarbox that the advice is to use the root and not program files.  I cant remember the reason  and just know that it causes issues

Once you have done the automatic uninstall you will need to go in and manually remove any orphan files left behind

Alan

abcd567

• CYYZ - Toronto
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2020, 07:45:28 AM »
Want a real clean Windows?
Format Hard Drive and reinstall Windows, then install ANRB 6.02 software without any drivers... LOL, just kidding.

GlynH

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2020, 11:47:50 PM »
Well I've done that many, many times over the years and it always felt like a new machine afterwards! :)

Haven't done much of that since 2011 when I went Mac...

-=Glyn=-