AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Can someone please explain uptime calculation and colour?  (Read 5004 times)

Ant73

Can someone please explain uptime calculation and colour?
« on: September 08, 2017, 03:49:01 PM »
Hi Everyone,

New station EXTRPI002866. I have been up for about 35 hours now (really only just over 24 hours but RB seems to have back dated my data for a few hours) and I am wondering how the uptime calculation is made and what the colours mean in the rankings.

So, from my station page (https://www.radarbox24.com/stations/EXTRPI002866) is shows I have been 'up' since 070600 UTC (current time 081542) so that's about 35.75 hrs. The ranking page shows me at 9%.

I was presuming the ranking page is a weekly total but 35hr/168hrx100 = ~21%.

Then there are the colours? Red is obvious that it is offline, green in other areas of the site appears to be 'online', but I am showing yellow on the ranking page??

I've searched the FAQs and the forum but can't seem to find any info on how the 'uptime' is calculated.

Thanks in advance and sorry for the noob question.

Runway 31

Re: Can someone please explain uptime calculation and colour?
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2017, 05:14:31 PM »
Hi Ant

No idea on uptime but Yellow shows that you are online but no data, normally at night when there is no traffic.  Support@airnavsystems,com may be able to help with your query but I would suggest that it is based on the longer period than the day you have been online, probably a month

You must be pretty near the airport as you have plenty of Ground contacts

Alan

Ant73

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2017, 12:48:05 AM »
Hi Alan,

Thanks for your reply. Yes, quite close to YMML, only about 4Nm.

Before making my post, I had moved up four places on the ranking for Au and was showing a yellow bar. I agree that yellow=no data does seem to make sense but the stats were moving me up the ranking and listing my max and avg range, which doesn't make sense if I'm not sending data! Since making my post, I have moved up two more places in the ranking and have now gotten a green bar as well.

Monthly uptime % doesn't seem to work either and I have noticed there's a difference between the uptime % on the stats page and the uptime % on the station page. Perhaps there's a delay? I still haven't figured it out so I might try emailing them as you suggest.

I'll see if they can post here or I will otherwise report back with any info so others will know too. I always like to know how I'm being judged! :P

Ant73

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2017, 06:52:44 AM »
Figured out part of it. Uptime is based on 14 days.

Still don't know why the first day shows as yellow though.

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2017, 09:54:06 PM »
Hi Ant73,

Yes the longer you online the better the rankings and uptime, so these rankings stabilise after two weeks of sharing.

If your software/pi/comstation is connected and but no aircraft are being received we mark this as yellow. This mainly due some apps connect but you can turn off sharing so we don't mark this as correct uptime as we are not getting anything from you.

Hope that helps
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

Ant73

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2017, 12:59:38 AM »
Thanks.

I don't know why no data would've been received on the first day bc I saw 509 aircraft with 715,000 positions but I'm getting green now so is all good and my score is slowly climbing. I'm totally obsessed with my stats! :P