anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Problems  (Read 4931 times)

Reheat

Problems
« on: July 15, 2020, 02:28:38 PM »
Since I have had my desktop pc uprated to Windows 10.1 Pro,I came to reload AirNav Radar Box Pro on it,it will not let me get passed the part that wants to know my position (LAT' LONGITUDE ) etc plus the other details, it loaded very easy before.It is not the Windows,it is AirNav that is the problem,a window popped up and said about subscription etc,does anybody know what the heck is going on?I'm not as good as most using AirNav Pro,but I got by,and enjoyed it all !so if anybody can help,I would very much appreciate any help.

Erich

Re: Problems
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2020, 05:58:20 PM »
1.FILE on the top left
2. Preverences
2.Home station data
LG Erich

Runway 31

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2020, 07:14:51 PM »
Did you put the lat/lon in as decimal.  Did you log in by using the email and password that came with the original disk

Alan
« Last Edit: July 15, 2020, 07:17:57 PM by Runway 31 »

Reheat

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2020, 08:59:12 AM »
Hello there,
Yes all of them,what I can't understand,is it worked fine using Windows XP Pro.
Regards.

Runway 31

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2020, 09:29:07 AM »
Can you post a screen shot of where your problem starts.  It should just start up the same on W10 as it did on XP assuming to are using the latest software and drivers

Alan

Reheat

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2020, 08:16:37 AM »
Sorry that I'm late getting back to you,I have done you a screen shot of the set up page.
Also what it will not do in the set up section,it will not autodetect my home location,it will not let me select the city that is closest to me,and lastly,it will not accept the the 'OK' button.
I hope that this is some help to you.My email address is [email protected] if it would help (if you choose not to contact me by email,I fully understand.)
Kindest regards,
Graham.

Runway 31

« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2020, 02:48:39 PM »
The location lat/lon must be in decimal, not the Minutes, etc way you have done it.  Easiest way of doing that is to set Google Earth to decimal co-ordinated then zoom the cursor into your house and see what it gives

One you have done that click Apply then OK

Alan

Reheat

« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2020, 03:40:52 PM »
Hello Alan,
Sorry that I'm late again replying,I have done as you instructed,got it loaded,now,a red square at bottom left says-HARDWARE NOT CONNECTED,and next to that,another red square ticking away,and says TO UPDATE.
Sorry to be a pain Alan,but if you have the time and patience,I'm willing to learn.
Kindest regards,
Graham.

Runway 31

« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2020, 04:35:57 PM »

I see you are using the original software Radarbox Pro Graham, I don't know if that old version still works on W10.

Did you download and install the W10 drivers from http://www.airnavsystems.com/Download/ANRB/Drivers/ANRB-Drivers-20161222.zip

Alan

Reheat

« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2020, 10:17:09 AM »
Hello again Alan,
Yes,I'm using the original software Radarbox Pro.With the problems that I have had with it,tells me that Windows 10.1 does not like it,I found out to my cost,I have just had my desktop PC upgraded from Windows XP Pro,and the original software worked great,so Windows 10.1 makes it,I think,hiccup.
I have downloaded from the link that you sent me,not being that computer savy as most,but I can usually get round problems.
The download shows ANRB-DRIVERS-20161222,then when I have opened that,it shows amd64 i386 ftdibus ftdibus ftdiport ftdiport,what would be the next thing for me to do Alan?  (this is where I may fall down)
With being a licensed Radio Amateur,and running what is called SSTV (SLOW SCAN TELIVISION) and radio fax they were a doddle aside of ANRB!
Kindest regards,
Graham.

Runway 31

« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2020, 12:19:38 PM »
It is a zipped file Graham and has to be unzipped into the Radarbox drivers folder

Alan

Reheat

« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2020, 02:34:25 PM »
Hello Alan,
I have extracted them to the AirNavRadar Box folder,I have done an attachment,showing the AirNav folder,if you can tell me,if all looks ok Alan?
I have run AirNav,but there is no change,still showing,' HARDWARE NOT CONNECTED' And next to it, the yellow square flashing.
I'm sorry to appear a pain Alan,but I'm willing to learn from you.
Kindest regards,
Graham.

Runway 31

« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2020, 07:26:57 PM »
Graham

The folder ANRB-drivers-20162222 should be in the drivers folder, move them into there

Alan

RodBearden

• Rod's RadarBox Downloads
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2020, 11:16:24 PM »
Hi Graham

From your screenshot, you have installed into Program Files (x86). You need to uninstall and then reinstall to a folder outside that, something like C:\AirNav and, as Alan says put the drivers into the Drivers folder.

Good luck
Rod

Reheat

« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2020, 01:46:37 PM »
Hello Alan,hello Rod,
Ok I will do as you have suggested,and hopefully I can get my grey matter working !!
Kindest regards,
Graham.