anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Advice needed  (Read 2667 times)

paulwallace72

Advice needed
« on: June 11, 2020, 03:04:28 PM »
Hi everyone, i am running a Micro Radarbox and the aircraft are showing up in My Flights, but are not showing on the map. I know at the moment there are not many flights around, however when they do come across they do not show on the map & they have never shown on the map, i bought the microbox a couple of months ago

Thanks in advance

Paul

Runway 31

Re: Advice needed
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2020, 03:18:48 PM »
Whats the station number Paul

When they show on the Myflights grid do they have a globe beside the status

Alan
« Last Edit: June 11, 2020, 03:23:30 PM by Runway 31 »

paulwallace72

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2020, 09:49:57 PM »
Hi Alan,

Station number is PGANRB113572

I cannot remember if they have a globe next to them

Runway 31

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2020, 09:40:45 AM »
Hu Paul

It is showing as offline apart from a period yesterday when it was online but no data flow.  Also no range showing.

Have a look when you put it on again and see whether they have a globe.  A globe shows that the aircraft concerned are ADSB equipped and will show on the map.  No globe shows that they are not ADSB so will not show on the map

Alan

paulwallace72

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2020, 02:17:20 PM »
Hi Alan,

Please see attached screenshot

Thanks

Runway 31

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2020, 05:34:05 PM »
As you are centered on a small area I suggest that you zoom out some and see if you can see anything, the KLM is ADSB as you can see with the globe so should show.  As you are zoomed in so much it may be outside the area you are showing.  Move the grid a bit to the left as well to make the map area bigger until you can see aircraft then you can move it back to where you like

KLM601 came up over just south of Bishop Auckland and over Stanhope and Allendale so should have been on your map at some stage, I don't know where it was at the time of the shot though.

As you can see from the attached shot you have no range, where do you have the antenna sited, does it have a good clear view of the sky.  I don't know your knowledge or your set up but do you have the antenna on a ground plane as this is needed.  An easy ground plane is a tin can or biscuit tin lid that the antenna can attach to through its magnetic bottom, try sitting the this on your window sill

Alan
« Last Edit: June 15, 2020, 05:45:35 PM by Runway 31 »

anorak

• support The Devon Air Ambulance Trust
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2020, 08:12:09 AM »
Morning Paul, if you go, File Preference Legends Grid you can disable some of the headines to give you more room. ( Tracked / Status / Mode S / etc ). Also  in the Radarbox section untick 2x photos.
All the best, Dave.
Dave. Exmoor, North Devon.

paulwallace72

« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2020, 12:19:45 PM »
Hi Dave, sorry for the late reply, i have been away, i have changed my settings as per your previous email and i am still not seeing the aircraft plot on the map.

Please see screen shot

Runway 31

« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2020, 01:48:40 PM »
Hi Paul

I see that you have a very narrow and restricted coverage area, see shot attached which may be causing your issue, where do you have the antenna sited

Only other thing I can suggest is that you re-install the software

Alan

anorak

• support The Devon Air Ambulance Trust
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2020, 01:56:22 PM »
Hi Paul, do you still show offline, the red line on your readout, and do you get any photos showing? How are you connecting to the internet?
Dave. Exmoor, North Devon.

paulwallace72

« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2020, 07:45:25 PM »
Hi Dave/Alan,

Please see attached screenshot for connectivity , my antenna comes out of the Microbox and is situated next to the laptop. With previous Microboxes i have had the planes have plotted on the radar screen.

I appreciate your help, I think you maybe right Alan, i may need to reinstall

Runway 31

« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2020, 09:15:10 AM »
Paul

I presume with that your antenna is inside and that will be your issue.  Unless you get it out to the window sill you will not see much more

For a trial would you be able to take your laptop outside with the kit and see what you can get

Alan
« Last Edit: July 21, 2020, 09:18:09 AM by Runway 31 »

paulwallace72

« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2020, 07:23:44 PM »
Hi Alan,

I've been outside with the laptop and microbox, and the aircraft are still not showing on the map, i will delete and reinstall the programme, as i still my original disc. Any problems with this i will get back to you.

Thanks

Paul

Runway 31

« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2020, 07:41:16 PM »
Paul

Uninstall the original software,  Once the auto uninstall is done go in and manually delete any Airnav folder left behind, chaeck in program files and in the root of the c drive

Once done download and install the V6 software http://www.airnavsystems.com/download/ANRB/ANRB60002Setup.exe

Dont install to program files, install to C:\Airnav

I fyou have not already done so download and install the W10 drivers into the Airnav Systems/Airnav Radarbox/Drivers folder.  get them from here http://www.airnavsystems.com/Download/ANRB/Drivers/ANRB-Drivers-20161222.zip

Alan