anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Why is the Internet Need to be Active to See Plane Photos for Radarbox?  (Read 2450 times)

wxwarn

I have asked this question for a few years but have not received a reason.

When I have the Radarbox preferences entered correctly according to Airnav, and the Internet TURNED OFF on my PC, I cannot see pics of planes using V6.02.003. I know there is an on-board database of plane pictures but they do not populate when my Internet connection is TURNED OFF.

Note that ALL of the Radarbox preferences ARE set up correctly. My thought is that Radarbox is stand-alone and should populate those plane pics using the on-board database WITHOUT THE INTERNET BEING TURNED ON.

Can someone help? This will be my last time trying to get this to work.

Thanks

Runway 31

As has been explained before photo downloads are a perk for feeding.  If you are not sharing you will not get a photo download, if the photo has downloaded when you were feeding the photo should still show just new ones will not download until you feed again

What is the route to your photo folder, it should be in AirnavSystems/AirnavRadarbox/Data/Photos

Alan

wxwarn

Follow Up:    please note that I have "Show Photos/Details" enable under the "tools" menu on V6.02.003

Thanks

wxwarn

I do have SHARING enable within preferences but my Internet is turned off. My question is still not answered....DO YOU NEED THE INTERNET TURNED ON  TO SEE THE PHOTOS??

wxwarn

RUNWAY....what do you mean about feeding????

wxwarn

RUNWAY31:   the folder structure is correct: AirnavSystems/AirnavRadarbox/Data/Photos

When navigating the PHOTO folder on my hard drive, I DO see lots of plane pictures

Runway 31

Feeding - Sharing your data to Airnav

Alan

Runway 31

From my last post " if the photo has downloaded when you were feeding the photo should still show just new ones will not download until you feed again"  How is that not answering the question

I will clarify once again, when you are not connected to the internet, if photos are in your photo folder they should show.  If photos of the aircraft concerned are not in the photo folder as you are not connected to the internet they cannot download therefore they cannot show

I cannot be any clearer

Alan
« Last Edit: May 26, 2020, 03:44:45 PM by Runway 31 »

wxwarn

Thanks for your reply BUT, NO PLANES are displayed when my Internet is turned off while operating RB 6.02.003. This is why I put the original post here. Also, all my RB settings are correct from your previous posts.

Is there anything else going on NOT to display the pics of planes? I did confirm the PHOTO folder and it DOES have pictures of planes on my local drive. I even manually updated the database in the DATABASE EXPLORER but still the same issue.

Runway 31

Please do not shout there is no need.  When I had not heard from you for a couple of weeks I thought this was fixed

When you state no aircraft are displayed when the internet is turned off do you actually mean that they are not showing on the map, their details are not showing or are you meaning photos are not showing, please be specific

When you state there are photos in the photo folder, are they photos of the aircraft you are picking up, if the photos of the specific aircraft you are picking up are not in the folder they cannot be displayed.  Only you can advise if the photos of the aircraft you are picking up are in the folder as I cannot see the contents of your photo folder.

Can I suggest that you have the unit connected to the internet and click on and download photos of a good number of aircraft that you see often, it will not take long to download photos of 50 or 60 aircraft.  Not all aircraft have photos on the server so you wont get photos of everything you click on.   Check that the photos are in the folder then look for those aircraft coming up over the next few days to see if the photos display.

Note that the database has nothing to so with photos or their display other than enableing the aircraft to be identified

Where are you located?

Alan
« Last Edit: June 09, 2020, 10:40:03 PM by Runway 31 »

wxwarn

Thanks for your replies. I have under the TOOLS MENU to have SHOW PHOTOS/DETAILS enabled. When the app is running, the lower left should show the aircraft that I have clicked on in the listings above it. I detect hundreds of aircrafts in real time. When my Internet is ON, it shows the photo of the aircraft most of the time. However, when my Internet connection is off, the photos of aircrafts are NOT shown in the lower left of the app.

All the Radarbox settings are set up correctly to have aircraft photos displayed.

My location is Florida....hope this helps

Runway 31

Assuming the aircraft in question have photos in the folder they should show, if the photos of the aircraft in question are not in the photo folder they will not show

In File/Preference/Radarbox/Photo and Aircraft auto-Populate, Download Aircraft photo and or Download 2 photos for each Aircraft should be ticked.  As you are getting photos I presume these are ticked, if not tick them

When you are connected to the internet if you click on an aircraft and there is not an photo of the aircraft in the folder one or two depending on your setting above will download into the folder if they are available on the server

When you are not connected to the internet photos will only show if they are in the folder and I can only assume that the photos of the aircraft are not in the folder as you have not stated otherwise

I checked on my laptop with the internet turned off the first time you asked and photos displayed as expected.  Unfortunately due to covid I don't have anything on Myflights at this time so cannot check again. 

You have not answered my query regarding are the correct photos in the folder.  I therefore suggest again with the internet turned of, search for the aircraft registrations showing in MyFlights in the photo folder and see if the aircraft has a photo in there.

Once you are able to answer yes there is or no there isn't we can continue

Alan