AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Radarbox software start screen black  (Read 2152 times)

sparks240

Radarbox software start screen black
« on: May 22, 2020, 06:53:29 AM »
 Would like some help please.
I have loaded Airnav RadarBox from disk onto another pc with Windows 10. When opening the program I end up with a black start screen. The RadarBox unit appears okay. The green pwr indicator is green and steady. The blue usb and signal indicators are flashing fairly fast which indicates to me that unit is receiving aircraft signals. That is if my memory serves me correctly. It has been a long time since I used the software.  I just need to get rid of the black screen. The software is 4.03-(3D View)
Any help would be appreciated.
Reg

anorak

• support The Devon Air Ambulance Trust
Re: Radarbox software start screen black
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2020, 10:16:49 AM »
Morning Reg, I think that software is not in use. Try; http://www.airnavsystems.com/download/ANRB/ANRB60003Setup.exe
Load into C/.... not in programmes.
Good luck, Dave.
Dave. Exmoor, North Devon.

sparks240

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2020, 11:48:48 AM »
Hi Dave
Thanks for your reply. Not sure why the screen was black but after searching around I opened the tools options and changed from Network to my flights. That did the trick. it looks like the screen had opened up for networks which I am not connected to. Pleased to see the software back in action after a delay of 2 yrs. Lots of other options to sort out now to get it back to when I did have it running on an older pc.
Thanks again
Reg

Runway 31

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2020, 03:54:45 PM »
I would advise using Daves suggestion to get onto a current version and you would then get the daily database updates

Alan

sparks240

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2020, 07:03:02 AM »
Thanks for your comment Alan. I will do that over the weekend. Since using the version I had setup and using it there are a few odd quirks I have noticed. It would be best to install the version you and Dave have suggested.

Reg

Runway 31

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2020, 09:28:01 AM »
Hi Reg

I would use V6.00.02 http://www.airnavsystems.com/download/ANRB/ANRB60002Setup.exe

V6.00.03 is designed to allow easier connecting with the X-range but in doing so the they introduced a few more niggles into the software

Alan

sparks240

« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2020, 03:34:34 PM »
Hi Alan
Thank you for your latest message. I have downloaded and running successfully V6.00.02. At least I think I am. I am receiving aircraft on the map but cannot change the map to receive visual information about aircraft status, details, history and pictures. I may be missing something obvious but I have looked at all the options to enable this feature. I have pressed escape on the keyboard in case the map had started up in full map mode. This made no difference other than freeze the map which became non responsive. When I look in "My Log" the grids contain information and there are photo's of aircraft. Any thoughts please.
Reg

sparks240

« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2020, 03:46:42 PM »
Hi Alan
Please ignore my last message. I have found the button for "My Flights" so all well. Thank you for your help. It is good to see Live aircraft on my Radarbox, although somewhat sparse due to the present situation.
Reg

Runway 31

« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2020, 05:11:37 PM »
Great Reg, well done

Alan