anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Transfer AirNav to new Mac computer  (Read 2255 times)

jim_stockwell

Transfer AirNav to new Mac computer
« on: May 06, 2020, 02:23:36 PM »
This may not be a good time to set up a new computer but I don't have a choice.
I am moving from a windows to a Mac based machine with a Windows emulator.

I appear to have set things up correctly, in that I can update the database and sometimes get AirNav to work correctly for a shot while. The hardware connected box is green and the process hardware flights ticked and on start up the UBS signal flashed blue and the signal lamp flashes white when an aircraft is within range.

However after a short period, say 5 to 10 minutes the USB blue light stops flashing
and the hardware connected green box occasionally flashes. (this appears to happen when I use the touch pad or keyboard).
The box works perfectly on my windows lap top, so I have ruled out the possibility of a lead or box fault.

Can anyone please suggest what I need to do to get thing working. I am as Runway will attest to not computer literate, so any advice needs to be in simple terms.

Thanks

Runway 31

Re: Transfer AirNav to new Mac computer
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2020, 03:09:51 PM »
I would think that it may possibly be a driver issue Jim but I know little regarding Macs or emulators

Did you use the newest driver package http://www.airnavsystems.com/Download/ANRB/Drivers/ANRB-Drivers-20161222.zip

Alan

jim_stockwell

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2020, 03:21:31 PM »
Hi Alan
Good to hear from you. Trust you are keeping safe

Yes I did use the drivers in the link

Jim

Runway 31

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2020, 03:50:35 PM »
Yes Jim, keeping clear of the virus

As the use of the touch pas and the key board cause issue I reckon their is some sort of conflict there but I have no idea how to offer a resolution

Stay safe

Alan

EK01

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2020, 01:53:28 PM »
Jim,

I don't know anything about MAC computers but can you not plug a mouse in to it and try to see if it works that way thus avoiding using the pad in case as Alan states there may be a conflict of some kind. Merely a suggestion.

Ian

jim_stockwell

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2020, 02:53:12 PM »
Thank you for the both for your advice.
In the end I think it was that the drivers were not connecting as they were stored in the wrong file.
It all turned out a bit immaterial as once sorted the MAC developed a fault and all I got was the screen of death in windows and then couldn't restart the computer. A hardware fault. Long and short it was buy a new windows computer and away we went. (Fortunately I had backed up all my files the day before all the problems. Phew!)
Jim

Runway 31

« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2020, 03:54:07 PM »
Computers, don't you just love them

Alan