anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Computer crash....  (Read 2709 times)

Tramline

Computer crash....
« on: April 19, 2020, 11:29:47 AM »
Hi,
My computer crashed last night, its re-started and although RB is working the front page of Preferences tab doesn't show my User Name or Password anymore and I seem unable to amend map colours.... but the map issue is a minor issue.  As I say RB is working but what is the significance of my User Name / Password being blank and how do I get the information back if needed? I believe the User Name was PGAN then a load of asterisks??

Can anyone possibly help?
Many thanks
Paul
Located 2 miles South of LHR.

Runway 31

Re: Computer crash....
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2020, 11:53:25 AM »
Your username and password should be on the cover of the software disc you got  with your box.  I suggest that you add it into the space provided on start up and see if that fixes whatever issues you have.  I presume this is already completed else you wouldn't be able to log in

I don't see any place on preferences for your username and password, maybe you are mistaken unless you mean for Screen shot Auto FTP upload, if so there is no need to put anything there unless you do Screen Sot Auto FTP uploads whatever that is

Alan
« Last Edit: April 19, 2020, 12:01:07 PM by Runway 31 »

Tramline

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2020, 12:07:16 PM »
Hi,

Thanks for the quick reply, yes i was referring to Screen Shot Auto FTP box, i assumed it was important.  So does my user name / password need to be entered anywhere?  Just wondering...  and if i cannot find my original cover of the RB disk is there anyway i could retrieve the info from somewhere?

Appreciate any help,

thanks

Runway 31

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2020, 12:15:15 PM »
The only place you need to enter the username and password is in the log in details and don't require to be entered anywhere else, see attached.  These details came on the disc and as you are able to open the software the necessary details are already entered, email = your Username on the disc PGANRB*****.  These are stored in the registry of the computer, don't go looking for them there as its not for the faint hearted and you can do a great deal of damage if you don't know what your are doing

Support would be able to provide your password if you advise them of your PGANRB number if need be
« Last Edit: April 19, 2020, 12:17:18 PM by Runway 31 »

Tramline

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2020, 02:32:50 PM »
Thank you for the info and comments.  Hopefully when I shut down and restart RB will start up without issue.

Thanks again

RodBearden

• Rod's RadarBox Downloads
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2020, 04:36:00 PM »
Alan - just for your education :-) FTP Auto Uploads allows us to post "live" (updated every minute) map screenshots to websites. Just for old times' sake I keep mine going here: http://rodbearden.com/RadarBox/RadarBox.htm

Rod

Runway 31

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2020, 04:54:25 PM »
Thanks Rod, never to old to receive some education :-))

Alan