anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Why does it take so long to get an XRange receiver?  (Read 2122 times)

WOHP1930

Why does it take so long to get an XRange receiver?
« on: March 27, 2020, 01:49:30 AM »
Have ordered XRange receiver from Amazon form Radarbox link.  Says it will be a month until I get it. Wonder where it is coming from and if it is being discontinued? Amazon onl has three more in stock.  Tried to contact AirNav and itt says I'm not a human,
Any info appreciated

Runway 31

Re: Why does it take so long to get an XRange receiver?
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2020, 08:58:18 AM »
It is not being discontinued.  I don't know where you live but wonder if you are aware there is a coronavirus pandemic ongoing all around the world.  Amazon is concentrating on getting essentials out and xrange receivers will not be considered essential items.  I would imagine that Amazon like most companies in these trying times are operating with reduced workforce numbers in their warehousing and distribution sides due to staff sickness and social isolation of staff due to possible contact with the virus

Airnav will not be considered an essential workplace and should be following the advice of governments to close to ensure the safety of personnel, the health service of your country and the community at large to slow down the impact of the virus.  The whole of Europe is in lockdown as are loads of other parts of the world

Please be patient and show some consideration.  To get the receiver to you people will require to ignore social distancing and isolation advice and travelling to work and getting into work putting themselves and others at risk.  If you have ordered a receiver you will still get it but the safety of the community outweighs your need for its receipt

Alan
« Last Edit: March 27, 2020, 11:02:07 AM by Runway 31 »

WOHP1930

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2020, 02:08:31 PM »
Runway 31
Please understand that I know everything you stated. I am a retired 911 dispatcher and work for a funeral home. I know what essential items are. I have ordered other non essential items and they took longer than usual, no problem. Just thought a month was unusual. Wondered where it might be coming form.
I'm not griping at you or the system, just was interested in questions I asked.
(BTW, also spent 36 years on a fire dept, I have been on the front lines more than a lot of people)
Please have a good day and don't take my remarks as and attack on you or anyone else.

Runway 31

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2020, 02:45:45 PM »
WOHP

I was 31 years as a firefighter myself before retiring all of it in an operational capacity so am well acquainted with being on the front line

I presume that the 1 month stated will a very rough estimate which may well come down a bit depending on how Amazon are managing.  However I have no knowledge of their working practices and am making presumptions

Alan