AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Above West Cornwall  (Read 3702 times)

lanner

Above West Cornwall
« on: June 18, 2008, 03:44:33 PM »
I am a total newbe to this activity so please excuse what may be a silly question.
I live in West Cornwall, will I be able to capture much Air Nav traffic in such a low activity area?

John

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
Re: Above West Cornwall
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2008, 04:12:40 PM »
I am sure you would be able to track flights across to Jersey and aircraft climbing to the Oceanic Tracks.

If we remember correctlty one of our early customers DaveG is in that area and gets a nice amount of traffic. 
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

DaveG

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2008, 05:20:13 PM »
Hi John,

If your login name is anything to go by (lanner) your not far from me (Helston).  Although not as busy as those in some areas of the country, the South West does provide good enough contacts to keep you interested.
Cornwall, UK

Titan

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2008, 02:08:54 PM »
Hi John
I am near St Ives and in a valley so my contacts are not as many as some, my Radar box aerial is in the loft using a usb extender but I can get some good miltary and civilian traffic especially towards the north east of me.

Spaice

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2008, 08:34:56 PM »
It's a shame that the Concorde no longer flys as you would have seen it overfly Cornwall and go supesonic once over the Atlantic.  You could hear the sonic boom at it went supersonic, although if it was still flying it would not have hade Mode S to provide the information that RB need to plot on screen.

lanner

« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2011, 07:04:03 PM »
Hi to all the kind users who so very kindly answered my question about trafic over West Cornwall from lanner.

The box is on order, expected within days, more wires as the XYL says !!

Thank you all

John (lanner)