anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: New AirNav user, some questions..  (Read 2062 times)

kv4jw

New AirNav user, some questions..
« on: February 22, 2020, 10:39:41 PM »
Just bought a RadarBox micro to use with my laptop when away from home. I have FlightAware dongles at my home station, so The RadarBox interface is a little different to me.

I have the software up and running (poorly), and my first question pertains to that. On my Windows 10 PC, I'm getting several "Not Responding" errors, enough that causes a headache. When I don't click on anything on the program and just let it "run", it seems to do okay. Are there any settings/adjustments that I can do to help with this and streamline my experience better?

My second question pertains to the "My Flights". Sometimes I don't care about aircraft that aren't in my immediate vicinity. Meaning, I ONLY want to view the flights that MY RadarBox device is receiving. Is there a way that I can toggle this on/off? Even when I have "My Flights" selected on the left side lists - I'm seeing multiple other aircraft on the map that are not being received by my equipment. I've tested this by unplugging the antenna and the flights remain visible.

Please help? Many thanks!

Runway 31

Re: New AirNav user, some questions..
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2020, 07:36:17 AM »
Hi

Two tabs MyFlight and Network flights.  Go onto Network flights tab and bottom left of screen untick Get Flights from Radarbox Network.  The will do away with the not responding issue as you will no longer be downloading the data for 10,000 flights and it will mean that you are only seeing the flights picked up by your receiver,

You can then go onto MyFlights tab now and the map will only be showing your own flights

Alan