AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Must the Internet always be on the show photos?  (Read 2395 times)

wxwarn

Must the Internet always be on the show photos?
« on: December 26, 2019, 03:25:34 PM »
I am using V6.02.003 and can only see plane photos when the Internet is ON. Is there any way to have the photos in a DB on my PC so I don't need the Itnernet?

Runway 31

Re: Must the Internet always be on the show photos?
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2019, 04:13:22 PM »
I presume that the reason you only see aircraft when the internet is on is because you are not picking up any aircraft and the ones you are seeing are network traffic and not picking up any from your receiver.  If you pick up traffic they will show.  on the MyFlights tab

On the network tab untick Get Flights from Radarbox Network,.  Go onto the MyFlights tab and you will only show the aircraft you are picking up.  Click on the aircraft and you will download photos for the aircraft if there are any on the server.

In Preferences/Radarbox/Photo and Aircraft Auto populate make sure you have ticked Download Aircraft Photo.

Lastly if you don't share Flight data, you will not get photo downloads

Alan

wxwarn

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2019, 06:43:06 PM »
Thanks....I have a stand-alone antenna and receive 200-300 flights from my location in Florida. I do not use the network part of the application. All the settings you detailed are set up as you stated. When I turn off my router to the Internet and click on a flight, it does always show the picture of the aircraft.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks

Runway 31

« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2019, 07:35:14 PM »
A photo of the aircraft must be in the photo folder for it to show, no photo no show.  I can only suggest that you keep connected to the internet and click on each aircraft to download a photo until you have sufficient for your needs

Photos are stored in Radarbox/Data/Photo folder.  I have many thousands of photos in my folder

The way the photos work is that the software looks to the photo folder in the first instance and if there is a photo there it is showed, if not the software looks to the server and downloads 1 or 2 photos into the photo folder depending on your set up in preferences and displays them.  If there are no photos in the folder and you are not connected to the internet it cannot download and save them

Alan