anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Cannot connect to radarbox 3d  (Read 14944 times)

kingfisher

Re: Cannot connect to radarbox 3d
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2019, 06:21:32 PM »
Finally got the hardware recognised but it says my subscription is expired, previous owner i guess, how do i get it to recognise my online subscription?

Runway 31

« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2019, 06:36:37 PM »
I take it by online subscription you mean for Radarbox24 https://www.radarbox24.com/stations/PGANRB112173

I see you don't have any range, are you picking up any aircraft on  the software as you don't seem to be sending any data

Alan

kingfisher

« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2019, 06:40:49 PM »
Yes to the subscription thing. I have no signal on the box, presumably as i am not subscribed? Screen grab attached.

Runway 31

« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2019, 07:13:27 PM »
Go onto the MyFlights tab as here you will see the aircraft you are picking up and if you also go to Tools/Interface and tick Interface on Left you will get the grid which shows the aircraft details

My flights doesn't need a subscription and shows the aircraft the receiver is picking up.  Is your antenna positioned so that it sees the sky.  It works by line of sight and if it cant see the aircraft it cannot report them

Bottom left of the screen, are you getting a green box to show connected

I am going out now so wont be able to answer for a couple of hours

Alan
« Last Edit: October 30, 2019, 07:17:05 PM by Runway 31 »

kingfisher

« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2019, 07:40:08 PM »
Just put the antenna outside but there is nothing within 60 miles approx so i guess that means i won't get anything. The location on the account is not me it must be the previous owner, i am about 5 miles NW of EGDC in north Devon. Looks like this kit is not for me as i was hoping it would be better than the online RB24 so i could use it instead. At the moment i will need to switch between the two as the online works from all the other folks like you around the country and i can see more. Screen grab of full screen attached. I'll see what occurs tomorrow when it will be busier and take a view then. Very much appreciate your help!

Runway 31

« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2019, 10:35:19 PM »
I have mines on the window sill and get over 100 miles range.  Taking it mobile, from Glasgow Airport I can get aircraft over Dublin.  Does your antenna have a ground plane, a metal disc around 4 inches across

Here is mines just now, not alot about at this time of night  Are you getting the green box showing hardware connected, bottom left of the MyFlights screen and do you have Process Hardware Flights ticked bottom left of screen

Got oner now around the isle of Man and its on the opposite side if the house from the window sill

Shot from this morning as well

Alan
« Last Edit: October 31, 2019, 08:43:20 AM by Runway 31 »

Aerotower

« Reply #21 on: October 30, 2019, 11:46:22 PM »
Hi guys,

Kingfisher, see the connection between cable and antenna, in my case sometimes the cable have a bad connection.

kingfisher

« Reply #22 on: October 31, 2019, 08:47:34 AM »
I had a few pop up last night, it goes quiet over the Bristol channel at night anyway. I live in a valley which is the main problem and can only really pick up close planes it would seem or those out to the west where there is more open ground. As with radio it's all about line of sight! I have the ground plane fitted and the antenna outside when i got a few hits last night and this morning. Noticed that some planes that were in My flights didn't appear on the radar screen. Screen grab attached which shows green square and the box ticked. I'll give it another try later today when i get back. I have a decent cable but will try others and the connection too! Thanks guys.

anorak

• support The Devon Air Ambulance Trust
« Reply #23 on: October 31, 2019, 02:06:48 PM »
Afternoon Kingfisher, I`m only up the road from you, if you want to PM me i might be able to visit.
Dave.
Dave. Exmoor, North Devon.

kingfisher

« Reply #24 on: October 31, 2019, 02:23:30 PM »
Hi Dave, thanks for the offer but as i said to Alan this may not be what i was hoping for so will probably be selling it on. I am getting some planes but it only sees what i can get whereas the online version allows me to look everywhere. Didn't know without trying, nothing ventured nothing gained!

Runway 31

« Reply #25 on: October 31, 2019, 02:53:06 PM »
The ones that don't show on the map are probably non ADSB equipped so don't give off positional info so cannot be plotted

Alan

kingfisher

« Reply #26 on: October 31, 2019, 03:00:59 PM »
Hi Alan, thanks for that. All seems a little odd really, i just saw a BA flight over Milford Haven and have seen a few further east at about 40 or 50 miles but others in the same areas and closer don't get picked up! My aircraft history isn't being populated either. The package doesn't really do what i was hoping for but never mind, i wouldn't have known without trying. I'll probably keep playing for a while before deciding what to do.
Have been impressed with the forum though, been a great help and friendly too!

Runway 31

« Reply #27 on: October 31, 2019, 05:19:20 PM »
What you pick up all depends on things like altitude of the aircraft and your surrounding topography  anything like hill, buildings trees etc that can block the signal between the aircraft and the antenna and prevents it being picked up

The aircraft history should be able to be seen in MyLog and you should be able to select today, last 10 minutes last hour, yesterday, last week, last month etc

We try to do our bit, we were all at your stage once and we got help as well

Alan

kingfisher

« Reply #28 on: October 31, 2019, 05:28:16 PM »
Found it! 117 aircraft today most of which would have been while i was out so i missed the fun of that:) I still find it is rather more testing than the online version, i have to keep an eye on either the box or the app which stops me from working, not difficult to do. Not an expensive mistake if it does turn out to be one!

anorak

• support The Devon Air Ambulance Trust
« Reply #29 on: October 31, 2019, 06:13:37 PM »
No worries, if you`re coming up the link road and you fancy a coffee   pm me when you leave.
Dave.
Dave. Exmoor, North Devon.