AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Radar Box seems very slow  (Read 8586 times)

Shane001

Radar Box seems very slow
« on: October 05, 2019, 02:39:31 PM »
Hi all ,
My first post :) but my radar box and software seem very slow and quite a lot of the time I get the "not responding" message, its driving me mad :)
is there something that can speed up the process ?
my spes is :-
i5
4gb ram
1 tb hhd
windows 10

Runway 31

Re: Radar Box seems very slow
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2019, 07:33:33 PM »
I presume that you have the networks flights on.  Untick Get Flights from Radarbox Network and you will get MyFlights only from your box.  Downloading the data for 8/10,000 flights from the server every 20 seconds is very intensive

Alan

slickfddi

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2019, 03:39:10 AM »
Well, first shouldn't presume. I have a suspicion the latest rbfeeder update is having issues. Currently investigating.

Runway 31

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2019, 07:59:59 AM »
Any issues with the feeder software will not impact on a radarbox as it doesn't use the feeder software, it uses its own V6 software.

Shane any update?

Alan
« Last Edit: October 07, 2019, 08:05:47 AM by Runway 31 »

john262

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2019, 09:52:25 AM »
This problem of  RB not responding started with my setup mid September and a 11 minute start up time from about 4 to 5 minute normal and every action in the software resulting in not responding the only way I found to fix it was to uninstall and reinstall works ok now only problem is the map defaults to NE Scotland witch is a map I have never saved

Runway 31

« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2019, 10:28:52 AM »
John

Have you installed the V6 software to the program files location or did you install to the recommended c:\Airnav

I believe that your issue was unconnected to the post at the start of the thread as your issue was on starting up, unlike Shanes issue which is while in use and you would see not responding on the top line title bar

On starting up the map should go to where it was when you closed down.  Are you using File/Exit to close down as if the red cross (top right) is used all changes are lost on closing.  The map in use is shown on the top line after the software version for example mines shows default.ml4, what does yours show

Alan

john262

« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2019, 12:17:57 PM »
Alan
V6 of the software and default ML4 when I close down it always asks if I want to save changes to ml4 I just thought it was a win 10 "spanner" update like all the rest they keep sending down but  I am all happy its working now and yes I File and Exit  with all my programes

Runway 31

« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2019, 12:59:04 PM »
I was getting the "do you want to save changes" question for a while as well but it stopped 2 or 3 weeks ago but I didn't have any issue with where the map was opening.  Does clicking on Home take you back home?

Try setting the map window to where you want it then go to Map/Save Map to save it and see how that does

Alan

john262

« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2019, 03:19:00 PM »
Alan
nope it still opens with the centre just off Aberdeen but if I go to map/open/save no 3  UK ML4 my map with all my settings opens slots 1245 are empty
but I am happy I have got rid of the" program not responding" thanks for your help

Runway 31

« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2019, 03:39:04 PM »
OK Cheers John

Alan

EK01

« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2019, 09:31:35 AM »
John,

Before shutting down, go to Window>Record desktop.

Ian

john262

« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2019, 09:47:31 AM »
Hi Alan
Sorry I am late getting back to you   its working ok now opens up on home location now  do not know how or why but I did not do anything  the wonders of computers ! thanks for thehelp
john

Runway 31

« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2019, 10:50:02 AM »
Just glad its now ok for you John

Alan

GreekSpy2001

• Graham's Aircraft Photos
« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2019, 10:34:16 AM »
Hi all ,
My first post :) but my radar box and software seem very slow and quite a lot of the time I get the "not responding" message, its driving me mad :)
is there something that can speed up the process ?
my spes is :-
i5
4gb ram
1 tb hhd
windows 10

I would say 4GB RAM is bare minimum for Windows 10.  I used to have similar problems with my old Win 10 machine that was I3 and 12Gb RAM.  I built a new machine based on i7 and 32GB but also with an SSD hard disk.   Airnav now flies on my machine.  So I think its the extra RAM (12/16 GB is ok don't have to be greedy like me) and a very fast SSD hard disk that has made the difference.

Graham