anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Getting wrong aircraft type  (Read 3534 times)

EFPO1

Getting wrong aircraft type
« on: June 22, 2019, 10:32:12 AM »
Hi,

Im getting 008FFA ZS-GAR as DC93 instead A320, generating false alarm.

I have done database update and rebooted several times, is there something else I can do?

-
EFPO1

Runway 31

Re: Getting wrong aircraft type
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2019, 11:22:41 AM »
Hi EFPO1

Can you tell me how many rows you get in the aircraft table please.  Todays update should give you around 445623 rows.  Any different from that and I believe you have more than on instance of the software on your computer and the download is going to the wrong instance

If this is the case let me know and I will help you correct the issue

Alan
« Last Edit: June 22, 2019, 01:00:39 PM by Runway 31 »

EFPO1

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2019, 08:43:53 AM »
I did database update just few moments ago
(File/Database explorer/Database updates/Update all records/Start update/Reboot)

now I have:

actype 2569
aircraft 234518
airlines 5580
airports 18485
routes 322009

totally 583161 rows

Did search aircraft table and still ZS-GAR is DC93 and ZS-GAW is DC10

Runway 31

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2019, 09:01:35 AM »
Aircraft  should have  around 445623 as per my earlier email, you only have the 234518 that comes with the software so you are are 200,000 records out.

You must have another instance of the software on your computer and the download is going to it instead of your working instance.

There are a few ways of correcting this. You can use Windows search and look for all instances of NavData.db3.  You will find various files starting with NavData.db3 but yu dont want any files with additional extensions, ignore those.  I think you may have installed initially to Program Files and the update may have went there.  Once you find the updated NavData.db3 file, drag it or copy it into the version of he software that is working and replace the NavData.db3 file that it there.

I would however suggest that you uninstall the software using the Windows Control Panel.  Once the installation is uninstalled to into Program Files and delete and folders named Airnav, Check aslo in Program Files X86. 

One you have deleted all traces from Program Files instal the software again using http://www.airnavsystems.com/download/ANRB/ANRB60002Setup.exe install to the root of Windows somewhere like c:/Airnav dont install to program files again.

Once you have it installed and working, download todays update and all should be well

Alan

EFPO1

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2019, 03:20:59 PM »
Yes, did find an other NavData.db3 file and tryed to copy it to correct location, but did't solve problem.
Went to plan B and removed/installed all again, like you suggested.

Bingo, now I have 445688 aircraft rows in database.

Alan, thank you so much for help!

Xavier

Runway 31

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2019, 05:28:30 PM »
Glad to help Xavier

Alan