AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Unresponsive when connecting to Radarbox network server  (Read 2853 times)

kevspark

Unresponsive when connecting to Radarbox network server
« on: June 11, 2019, 06:38:54 PM »
Hi all, new to all this and having a few teething issues.

Equipment Radarbox micro usb on win10 pc

Have registered on the site, downloaded and run the software without issues, can also start tracking local flights after a little tinkering with the antenna.
Problem I'm currently having is that the software becomes unresponsive while its trying to connect to the network server, once i get the message that network flight data has been successful updated it kicks in again, its becoming a pain in the back side and unusable in this state. Any ideas on the issue please. Thanks

Runway 31

Re: Unresponsive when connecting to Radarbox network server
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2019, 07:48:38 PM »
Hi Kev

While the server is being contacted for network updates every 20 seconds its does as you state appear to freeze as the server is contacted, the data is downloaded, is processed by the software and the new location for each aircraft is plotted on the map.  You get used to it after a few years!!

However network access is normally an additional subscription so you appear to be getting it for free!!

You can however turn off network coverage by unticking Get Flights from Radarbox Network bottom left on the Network Tab and see only the aircraft your receivers is picking up on the MyFlights tab and view the overall network traffic on Radarbox24

Alan

kevspark

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2019, 08:15:10 PM »
Hi Alan, thanks for your help, however I'm being totally dull tonight, I cant seem to find the option to disable the network coverage. On the bottom left there is a tick box for 'Process hardware flights' and thats it. Screen shot attached. 

kevspark

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2019, 08:16:37 PM »
Sorry, found it.....DOH!!