AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Hello from new member  (Read 5514 times)

TUI735

Hello from new member
« on: June 11, 2008, 10:49:52 AM »
Hi to you all. I've been moniotring forum for some weeks & because of the mature attitude shown by all & the resposes from Air Nav I bought a box whish came y/day.
Because I've read with interest all the problems & studied the manual I'm pleased to say that I've injoyed my first experience of RB. No doubt I'll need assistance from the more experienced users in time.
Anyway just wanted to introduce my self.

Spaice

Re: Hello from new member
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2008, 10:57:16 AM »
Welcome to the forum TUI1735, as you have already discovered, there is plenty of information on thet forum to help you and experianced users to guide you if needed.  Now you have taken the plunge and purchased your RB you will wittle away many many hours and wonder where time has gone, just like the rest of us.

What part of the country are you in and will you be sharing your data on the network?

TUI735

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2008, 11:04:51 AM »
Hi
West Midlands area.
Yes sharing yesterday but network down today I understand. Once it's back on I'll be there.
Wife is already calling me "Just Gonna" because that's all I've been saying "Just gonna do this?" then been gone for hours. Very addictive.

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2008, 11:13:16 AM »
Hi there TUI735,

Welcome to the forum!

I'm in the West Midlands too, but well west - close to Shrewsbury.  Hopefully you are close enough to Birmingham International to get some low-level cover.  I tend to loose aircraft at around 3,000 ft on the approach.

Watch out for the Cosford Grob Tutors and the Air Ambulance at Cosford appearing in the list (not on the map unfortunately, as they don't give position information).

Have fun :-)

Allocator

TUI735

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2008, 12:04:48 PM »
Thanks for the warm welcome.
My nearest town is Northampton but I'm afraid I cant do much better with Birmingham than you. Although I'm on a hill close to 550ft above sea level Birmingham is behind my house. I will be trying out the other side over the weekend to see what results I get.

Fingers crossed.

Spaice

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2008, 12:22:32 PM »
I live in Buckinghamshire, close to Chesham also on top of a hill 630ft asl, you would think that should give me excellent coverage for heathrow as the topgraphy is all lower from my home to EGLL, except that the woodland gets in the way especially now that all the trees have leaves, and beacon hill near the dunstable downs obscures my reception for Luton.  I really must invest in one of those out door antenna.

TUI735

« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2008, 03:30:15 PM »
Outside antenna, now at thw moment that would be enough for devorce proceedings!!
I see what you mean though, would be nice to see em all the way to the ground.

Roadrunner

• Aviation enthusiast since school visit to Heathrow
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2008, 05:12:18 PM »
Hi
Wife is already calling me "Just Gonna" because that's all I've been saying "Just gonna do this?" then been gone for hours. Very addictive.

You will find that if anything the addicition gets worse :-(.  My SBS1 and Radarboxes are the first things I turn on when I get up and stay on all day. It is a good job I am retired as I havent got time to do anything........

Seriously, enjoy and welcome to the group.

Mike

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2008, 05:59:38 PM »
We have to report that the development team is severely addicted to ShipTrax...the quality of the hardware (tests started this week) is outstanding. Imagine one computer with RadarBox and the other with ShipTrax...

TUI735

« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2008, 07:26:33 AM »
Thank all very much for replies & making feel at home. I will be moving the antenna around. At present it faces SW. If I move to the other side it should improve my view of EGBB, be interesting to see the differences.
Many thanks to you all once again.

TUI735

« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2008, 11:06:12 AM »
Sorry above should read SE. So when I move it it will be facing NW hence the hpeful view of Birmingham.