anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Messages Per Second  (Read 3853 times)

JimK

Messages Per Second
« on: May 30, 2008, 05:15:50 PM »
I'm trying to get some idea on what the average Messages Per second everyone is getting.

Since oiking my twig up a few meters I'm clearly seeing more aircraft. However my system has become pretty unstable. RadarBox is crashing quite a lot. I'm thinking it may be the lack of grunt in my laptop.

The laptop is a Dell D620 Core2 Duo with 2 gigs of ram, it's running XP (pro). Not an insignifcant beast by any stretch. But clearly more aircraft means more to do and I'm wondering if there is any correlation on the number of messages being processed.

So my average seems to be between 600 and 650 sometimes 700. What is everyone else getting?

Infact in the process of writing this RB has stopped responding (then come back) 3 times now.

Jim

Twickenham
London

RodBearden

• Rod's RadarBox Downloads
Re: Messages Per Second
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2008, 07:57:55 PM »
That seems like quite a lot to me, Jim.

Here, north of Manchester, I get around 300 messages per second for a MyFlights total of around 100 planes, and my 2.2gHz machine (single core) with 1Gb RAM copes just fine on XP Home, and I'm often using Google Earth and graphics packages at the same time :-)

Rod
Rod

pcochrane12

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2008, 02:39:50 PM »
hi jim
i'm up in newcastle running an old sony vaio 1.6 ghz single cor pentium with512mb ram currently have 77 flights with over 300 messages no prob also have icom pcr 1000 running and am on line never seen that many messages before and i regularly have over a 100 flights on the go
paul

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2008, 08:46:25 PM »
700 avg messages per second is very good reception. I assume you probably have more than 150 aircraft on your list at times (depending on your timeout settings)
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

JimK

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2008, 01:45:54 PM »
I currently have 405 flights on the list.

I've heaved to Aerial up on to a mast currently at around 9 meters. But being close to Heathrow I guess I'm going to get quite a few more flights anyway.

I'll have a play with the machine and see if I can stabilise it a bit more.

Jim
Jim

Twickenham
London

nortonbeak

• RadarBox MVT7100 PCR1000 M0NBK
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2008, 02:20:59 PM »
This talk of umpteen messages per second makes me green with envy.

I am saving up for a Radar Box, but at the moment just use ACARS. I had a very good day over the weekend for ACARS reception. I got in excess of 1500 messages in a nine hour period. When I calculated it, I found that my good day equated to only one message every twenty seconds!