anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Search facility  (Read 3908 times)

Runway 31

Search facility
« on: April 07, 2013, 03:51:05 PM »
It used to be that you could use the search facility to search for a particular flight ID, this doesnt appear to work now.  You can however still search for airports

Alan

AirNav 3D Development

• AirNav Systems
Re: Search facility
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2013, 08:45:42 PM »
Hi Alan,

The search box should still search for active flights (as long as they are being tracked at the time of the search). If it is not working correctly for you, would you post/email me the flight info you are searching for and the time you searched it. The search box should also still search airports (via name or ICAO code). We are modifying how the search index is built to speed up client side load times. At the moment, if the search fails to find a result, it is not showing the 'not found' popup as it was before. This should come back soon as soon as we finish the server-side code changes. Note that you can also use a wildcard character when you search (i.e. search for "BAW*" and it will list active BAW flights in the search result box.

Also, you may need to do a hard reload (or clear your browser cache) to get the latest JavaScript source files. Sometimes when we make a server-side change, it takes a few days for some client browsers to get the latest files.

Runway 31

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2013, 10:44:26 AM »
3D Dev

I can put any current flight into the search box and nothing happens even when trying the wildcard.  When typing in for example the BAW wildcard search I will get a drop down list of airports which disappear when I type in the *.  The magnifying glass doesnt appear to do anything when pressed.

The wildcard works in a kind of fashion.  Typing in EGP will bring up a list from EGPA-EGPI but my local airport EGPK isnt on the list and the down arrow doesnt take me down the list to see itf it is there.  I know EGPK is there as I can type in EGPK and it will come up and pressing on it takes me to it. Typing in EGP* doesnt appear to do anything either pressing or not pressing the magnifying glass

Alan

AirNav 3D Development

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2013, 10:01:32 PM »
Hi Alan,

I know EGPK is there as I can type in EGPK and it will come up and pressing on it takes me to it. Typing in EGP* doesnt appear to do anything either pressing or not pressing the magnifying glass

Ah, that's a great clue. It looks like the search submission isn't happening correctly. It should submit the search either with the pressing of 'enter/return' key or clicking on the search magnifying glass. This doesn't seem to be happening on your browser. What browser type/version # are you using and what operating system? Can you try using a different browser if you have one and see if you get the same issue? It will be helpful to know if happens on your system with different browsers.

The wildcard search is currently only working against flight numbers and not airport codes/names. That is still on the list of items to complete.

Runway 31

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2013, 08:40:00 AM »
3D Dev,

I use IE9 on Windows 7 64bit and things appear different this morning.

With Chrome if I type in the flight number it comes up on the drop down list which if I click on takes me to the aircraft.  Clicking on the magnifying glas does nothing

Tried it in IE9 and the flight comes up on the drop down list and clicking on it takes me to the flight, again the magnifying glass does nothing

With both pressing enter after entering the flight ID takes me to the aircraft

Alan

AirNav 3D Development

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2013, 03:08:05 PM »
Alan,

I made some changes yesterday to include the flight numbers in the auto-complete results. So as you type, you will get matches against "flight number", then "ICAO airport code" and then "Airport Name" (in that order). It sounds like everything is working except the the magnifying glass click. I will check that next. Thank you for your help testing this feature. Let me know if you have any suggestions to make it more useful.

Runway 31

« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2013, 03:20:11 PM »
A search using the hex code would be useful if possible

Alan

AirNav 3D Development

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2013, 03:59:02 PM »
A search using the hex code would be useful if possible

This request is done. You will need to do a hard-reload to get the latest JavaScript files. Let me know if you find any problems. I'm still working on the 'magnifying glass' issue however.

Runway 31

« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2013, 04:19:53 PM »
Thanks again, working OK.

Alan