anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Map Colours  (Read 3496 times)

chrisonmas

Map Colours
« on: March 25, 2013, 12:26:05 PM »
Please help,
No matter how many times I change the map colours, when I restart they have reverted to the default colours, what am I doing wrong?

Many thanks
Chris

Runway 31

Re: Map Colours
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2013, 12:42:30 PM »
Chris,

I belive you use window/record desktop to save

Alan

chrisonmas

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2013, 02:11:13 PM »
Many thank's Alan.

Regards
Chris

vonsmalhausen

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2013, 11:06:18 PM »
in the Airnav Folder, open the "Color" folder and make a copy of the "Real Radar.mcl", rename it in to something like Real Radar original, ( leave the original file as it is, where it is ) this way you will keep a backup of the original settings.
now, when you run the program, in "Preferences" select the "Map colors" tab, change whatever color setting you want to change, click on "Apply" to see the changes, and if you are happy with it, click on "EXPORT", then select the original "Real Radar.mcl" file and overwrite it : next time you launch the program youre new color setting will show up.

chrisonmas

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2013, 12:15:55 AM »
Thanks for taking the time to reply, but can you 'walk' me through this?

I cannot find the 'color' folder within the AirNav folder under Programs, is that where you meant?

Sorry for any inconvenience.

Regards
Chris

vonsmalhausen

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2013, 01:46:45 PM »
i suppose you installed Airnav on youre C: drive ( if not, change C by the letter of the drive where you installed it )
there you should see a map called AIRNAV SYSTEMS ( so this should read C:\AIRNAV SYSTEMS )
open this map, then you see a map called AIRNAV RADARBOX  ( up to now the pad is C:\AIRNAV SYSTEMS\AIRNAV RADARBOX )
on opening this map, the first submap you see now in the list is COLOR, open this one, and there you see the .mcl files.
so the full pad to follow is : C:\AIRNAV SYSTEMS\AIRNAV RADARBOX\COLOR
the reason why i advise you to make a copy of the Real Radar.mcl as Real Radar original, is that so you keep a copy of the default program settings, any change you make out of personel preference you will have to export to the Real Radar file, as the program always starts-up with this setting ; so changing collors and saving under a different file, something like My Collors for instence, will always show the default ( Real Radar ) collors on start-up, and then you will have to load you're personal collor file to get you're collor settings.

ofcourse, IF you did not followed the advise to install Airnav in a other map than the default "PROGRAMS" folder, then you will have to start looking from C:\PROGRAM FILES\AIRNAV SYSTEMS\AIRNAV RADARBOX\COLOR, but if this is the case, i strongly recomend you to uninstall the program and reinstall it in his proper folder in C: ( ore whatever drive you want to put it on )

attached are 4 screenshots of what you should aproximatly see in every step

Runway 31

« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2013, 02:03:55 PM »
I find it is much easier to set it up throught File/Preference/Map colors.  Set the map colors to what you want, press Apply and OK then Export, to save in the colors folder and you can name it as you wish and leave the originals intact.

To access it go the Map/Colors on the top line

Alan
« Last Edit: March 26, 2013, 02:07:07 PM by Runway 31 »

vonsmalhausen

« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2013, 02:14:59 PM »
changing colors goes like this ;
-select "File" > "PREFERENCES" there select Tab "MAP COLORS"
-make any change you want > click "APPLY" so you see the result on the map, if happy wit the result,
-select "EXPORT", click on the Real Radar file, and save.
next time you start up the program, it will be with you're personel prefferences for colors.

see attached files of what you should see
this should do the trick :-)

vonsmalhausen

« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2013, 02:16:59 PM »
oeps, sorry Alan, i was working on the screenshots while you posted youre last reply

Runway 31

« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2013, 02:27:09 PM »
No worries as long as Chris gets it to work.

Alan

chrisonmas

« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2013, 12:21:39 AM »
Thanks guys, its now sorted.

Just for the record and incase anyone else has the same problem in the future, over-writing the 'real-radar' file was the easiest method.

Thanks for all the help and suggestions.

Regards
Chris