anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Routes question  (Read 3019 times)

Blueboy

Routes question
« on: November 03, 2012, 09:38:22 AM »
Hi, I was trying to update my routes database with EZY149B (EGAA-EGPF) but when I input the Flight ID the database just sort of froze. It would only unfreeze if I removed the "B" from end of ID. Is this a known issue or is my RB just having an off day?

J.D

EK01

Re: Routes question
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2012, 09:43:47 AM »
Blueboy,

That will happen if that particular flight ID already appears in the database in some form. The database will not allow you to complete the entry. As to attempting to tieup Easyjet flight numbers good luck !
I would wait a couple of weeks until sites such as Flightradar24 have caught up with all the changes.

Blueboy

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2012, 10:44:11 AM »
Hi EK01, Yes you were correct that Flight ID was already in the Database - I've corrected it to EGAA-EGPF. I'm only updating flights into my local (EGPF) using both the Flight ID confirmed on the scanner and then using Flightradar24 to track flight.

Thanks for your help

J.D

Northern Watch

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2012, 12:37:18 PM »
Posted by: EK01
« on: Today at 10:43:47 am »Insert Quote

Blueboy,

That will happen if that particular flight ID already appears in the database in some form. The database will not allow you to complete the entry. As to attempting to tieup Easyjet flight numbers good luck !
I would wait a couple of weeks until sites such as Flightradar24 have caught up with all the changes

I agree fully as I started to do the same but then found out that some of the flight codes were erroneous due to pilot input error.  To be safe I would not update the routes list until you have at least 2 similar codes on the same route.  Also, if you update your db on a regular basis you would lose all of your hard work, hence the request to AN to have just the aircraft db updated and the rest remain the same.

Regards

Keith

Runway 31

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2012, 01:25:43 PM »
Unfortunately flight ID's can and do get re-used by the airlines

Alan

Kenny

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2012, 02:49:14 PM »
Unfortunately flight ID's can and do get re-used by the airlines

Alan