AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: help  (Read 2082 times)

airnav1967

• photo of the A380 taking off from Manc air
help
« on: September 26, 2012, 07:38:22 PM »
Hi  just wondering if anyone is having the same problem as me, i had to  reinstall my computer after an upgrade but now on windows 7 instead of xp ,  managed to download the updated drivers for airnav on windows 7  and it generally works ok, but every so often it comes up with a warning, airnav has encounted a problem and needs to close, then it shuts inself down and i have to reload it has anyone else had this and does anyone know if there is anything i can do to rectify this, you have all been really good in helping me in the past and i would appriciate any reply thanks airnav1967
I love aviation and the air nav is the best invention ever

CoastGuardJon

• Mullion Cove, Kernow --- sw Cornwall UK.
Re: help
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2012, 08:14:02 PM »
Hi AN1967,
I've recollections of a similar problem back in 2010/11, but I'm sorry, I can't remember the cause or the solution.   I can only suggest searching in here for the link.   HTH
I'm assuming you've gone the 64-bit route.
Jon
ANRB :  AOR AR8000 : Icom R-7000 : Icom IC-R9000 : JRC NRD-545 : OptoElectronics Digital Scout and OptoLinx Interface; Realistic Pro-2005 : UBC 800XLT - listed in alphabetical order, not cost, preference, performance or entertainment value!

Runway 31

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2012, 09:12:34 PM »
Did you follow the advice and install outwith the default programfiles location.  Install to somewhere like C:\Airnav to avoid windows virtual store problems.

Alan

GreekSpy2001

• Graham's Aircraft Photos
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2012, 11:16:05 AM »
"7 instead of xp ,  managed to download the updated drivers for airnav on windows 7  and it generally works ok, but every so often it comes up with a warning, airnav has encounted a problem and needs to close, then it shuts inself down "

Yep I get it still.  Especially when I do things that change the Win 7 system.  eg install apps configure things in Control Panel on the system even had it changing default printers. always get it when starting Photoshop Elements 10.

There seems to be something amiss.  People get this error while others do not with installs on Win 7 64bit.  Suspect its a combination of settings in win7 and Airnav but have never got to the bottom of it.

And yes I have installed avoiding the virtual store.

So if anyone has had this problem and resolved it please share.

Thanks

Graham